1,912 results
All reviews top floor relax center old town great hotel small gym swimming pool glass wall excellent location lobby bar spa area viru gate rooms are modern steam sauna big hotel breakfast buffet business trip shopping mall
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I stayed here for 5 nights in April and it was great! It is a great valur hotel and everything was just as clean and new looking in reality as on the official hotel website photos. Our room (standard double) on the 7th floor was lovely and clean, and there was plenty of space. Yes, we could vaguely hear the shrieking brakes of the trams down below, but otherwise no traffic - or other - noice.
The breakfast buffet was very nice! It provided something for everyone, whether you want local dishes or the classical english breakfast or something light like fruit and yoghurts.
In the weekend the buffet was very crowded and it could be rather challenging to find a table, but the staff refilled the emptied buffet and cleaned the tables very efficiently.
The relax center on 8th floor was very nice. We tried it in the evenings and it wasnt crowded at all.
The location was perfect. Only a couple of minutes walk from Old Town and public transportation as well as tour bus stops were available very close to the hotel.
Viru shopping centre is just across the street.
The only thing I can think of that would have made the stay even better was if there were more english language TV channels to choose from. Yes, there were CNN and BBC and Eurosport, so there was easy access to news, but that was more or less it.
Please note also that there are no tea and coffee-making facilities in standard rooms and many rooms do not have much of a view.
If you want to stay in a large hotel with spa and fitness facilites, close to Old Town but still undisturbed by the noice from bars and discoteques, I would definitely recommend Forum.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2008

The Nordic Hotel Forum is conveniently located right on the border of old town and the newer part of Tallinn, as well as a 5 to 10 minutes drive from the airport. The hotel is quite new or renovated. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our room on the top floor was however a bit chilly. Even with the heating on, it did not become warm enough. Staying on the top floor on the other hand has the advantage of having the relax area (pool, sauna, fitness and jacuzi) on the same floor. Breakfast was served as a buffet with a wide range of food to choose from. The bar in the lobby was ok, but the staff were not very helpfull. It took very long to serve us our drinks. Staff at reception was on the contrary friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Nordic Forum. I could certainly have stayed longer! The location is just perfect, only a 5 minute walk from the Old Town of Tallinn. The hotel rooms are super, with a bed that I wish I could have brought home. The hot buffet style breakfasts were very good, though a warning for future travellers, you are not seen to a table so in our short stay there we worked out that you were better off going later rather than early to find an available table. The 8th floor swimming pool was fabulous, especially at night as a great view over the pretty medieval town. Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay at this enchanting city.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DianeBrainteeEssex
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I liked my stay in this new hotel really a lot. Great location, friendly staff. I would recommend it and I am sure I´ll go there again. Actually I am, in September already.

K. P

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Having had a bad experience in Riga, this great hotel cheered us up no end. Its new and clean, with helpful staff, great breakfast options, prefect location for walking to the old town. Also there is a big shopping mall with restaurants directly across the street.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends