“Good service with lively music ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olde Hansa

Olde Hansa
Ranked #33 of 911 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$3 - US$77
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The medieval restaurant Olde Hansa is the home of a rich merchant, whose guests enjoy delicious, authentic Hansa-era meals and drinks, true period music and always friendly service. All of the dishes on the menu, including many wild game delicacies, are cooked using 15th century recipes and methods. Medieval musicians delight the guests every night of the week except Mondays. Tallinn Card holders receive a sweet treat with every meal purchased - a bag of freshly roasted almonds, on the house!
kuala lumpur
“Good service with lively music ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

It was full house at 3 pm , sat outdoors , quick to have a table to seat , with a free drink , choose juice or alcohol . The waiter and waitress wore medieval time wear from top to bottom . Had the exotic bear meat which is exotic to me , got to wait about 20 minutes for the bear meat and from my country is illegal to eat this kind of meat . Thumbs up for this restaurant !

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Charming medieval atmosphere and lovely beverages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Olde Hansa is for me one of the attractions of the city. We went there few times especially for the home made beer. We tried the bear meat steak which was quite strange for non game lovers. The atmosphere is cozy and some days you can have a real medieval music and dance performances that really add to the whole experience.

• Visited September 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Unexpectedly enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I expected a typical tourist trap, and it is pricy, but four of us had an interesting meal and a fun experience. We ate outside, which I recommend. It was stuffy inside on a summer night, and we enjoyed people-watching as we ate. There are many unusual food options, including bear and elk. We weren't so daring, and had salmon, sausage and chicken. All were well-prepared and the portions are generous. The warm cheese appetizer was yummy. Free cards for a warm 'Monk's Bride' drink are available in front where girls sing and play medieval instruments. That is a hot drink served in little green mugs worth trying. Our waitress, Lisel, was terrific, and totally entered into the spirit of the place.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Crcb
Freehold, NJ
“And Unexpected Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had lunch here as part as a tour of Tallinn. The atmosphere was really fun--authentic medieval style, with our waiter dressed appropriately for the time. We were seated at a long table, with rather rustic utensils. The food was brought out in large bowls, and we were told they were meat pies and sweet pies. I suggested to my sister that we try one of each and split them, but when they told us that the meat pies were elk and wild boar, she balked. I decided to brave it, and WOW!!! The flavor just burst out. The seasonings were a perfect compliment to the meat, and the crust melted in my mouth. I'd expected the meat to taste gamey, but it didn't at all. My sister decided to try it after all, and was as delighted as I was. The sweet pies were apple, and were also delicious. The service was friendly, and our waiter even posed with me for a photo afterwards. It was definitely a high point of an already wonderful day!

• Visited July 2014
Tallinn, Estonia
“Tourist trap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

So many nice restarants located a litle bit of tha main tourist trap. Try the Golden Piglet (Kuldse Notsu Kõrts). The wild boar was better and prices lower. Ok at Olde Hansa if you like the entertainment and are willing to pay for it. I did not eat all my food on the plate cause I did not like it.

Visited July 2014