“Worst place ever!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The worst restaurant I've ever been to. Unfortunately I was naive enough to get lured into this joint by one of the incompetent waiters. They try to lure every passing tourist into the restaurant, because otherwise probably no one would consider to eat there. The food was horrible, it wasn't even a complete meal, you have to pay extra for rice (in an Indian restaurant!), my Sprite tasted like it had been open for 3 days, everything looked tacky and to top it all off it was immensely overpriced. When the waiter asked if we like the food, I negated and when I started to explain why, he just left! Rude! You should avoid this place like the plague!

3  Thank Felix_Falkenstein

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and family went here first time and were really disappointed with food. Service was ok, inside the restaurant is a very pleasant atmosphere but the food turned out to be awful.
Lamb in currys was very old (even black from inside) and currys themselves were cooked in a wrong way (my husband is Indian chef). Keema paratha was absolutely bad - wasn't even cooked till the end with raw dough inside. The only good thing about this meal were drinks - cosmopolitan cocktails and Jack daniels and coke.
So if you know a difference between good Indian food and bad, don't even think about eating there.

1  Thank Jana T
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our family was in Tallinn for a shot trip and found this restaurant by accident. We were actually going to eat somewhere else, but after taking a look at the menu outside we decided to give it a try as we love Indian food. The interior is very beautiful, and we were the only customers at the time so the atmosphere was peaceful and cozy. Well, we would have preferred not to have the Indian pop music playing rather loud on the tv, but otherwise no complaints there. There was this very nice and friendly young waitress in an Indian outfit who came to say hello to us already when we were still outside reading the menu, and she took very good care of us. She spoke very good English too.

The food was quite enjoyable. We've had better Indian, but this was nothing to complain about. Only the chicken curry we ordered for our daughter tasted somewhat dull. We asked them to make it not spicy - well, the lack of spicyness seemed to have taken out other flavors as well. But it wasn't bad. Me and my wife had some lamb, and wanted it "a little spicy". The difference in spicyness compared to our daughter's portion was hardly evident, but it tasted very good. Very typical Indian curry. Nothing surprising. I don't remember the prices being too unreasonable, but then again we didn't have any starters or dessert. We had the garlic naan bread, and that was delicious!

Service, interior: 5 stars (very nice!)

Atmosphere: 4 stars (the loud music took out one star)

Food: 3 stars (not bad, not the best we've had)

So all in all I give it 4 stars. Would we go again? Yes, if we didn't have a choice, but then again there is plenty of choice in the old town, even for Indian food. I think next time we'll try the Elevant.

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Very expensive, and very, VERY bad food! Really, this cost such a lot of money, and was absolutely dreadful. Went with friends, and we all love Indian food, but this had to be the worst any of us had ever eaten. But there IS a really quite beautiful tiled elephant at the top of the stairs, which makes for a great photo op!!

3  Thank kittylitterbobcat
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We've been several times to North and South India and love Indian cuisine because we're vegetarians. The garlic naan was good, so was the Cobra beer, but the veg Biriyani was bland, mostly rice with a few sparse veggies and not authentic, contrary to what the restaurant pretends.

2  Thank Eric D