“For this price its fantastic”
Review of Starest

Starest
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Tartu
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Simple, good, clean...only breakfast was quite poor, but everything else - great.
Ofcourse its not for those VIP customers, but for me - it was just great stay in Tartu. And the price were more than suitable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Starest

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed there 2 nights in July´13 when exploring Tartu and the surroundings.
Rooms are very simple but you have all the basic thing that you need for an overnight stay. Rooms are in average size, beds and shower are ok. Breakfast was poor but you could use the kitchen and make your own coffee and sandwiches. Free wifi, free parking.

Would recommend for travelers with car who need a place to sleep and shower with reasonable expense.

Room Tip: And last but not least- don´t check in into room nr 27. Though it is quite spacious and has sauna it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had to travel to Tartu unexpectedly and needed a cheap and nice hotel quickly. I remembered someone once suggested hotel Starest and when I had a look online, I saw that the prices were more than suitable and hoped that the service would be ok for that price For my surprise it was really great! The staff were really helpful and patiently and immediately solved all my tiny issues (ironing service, extra blanket and for example they explained how to get to city centre by buses (the buses run frequently and it only took 15min to get there), plus they showed me where the nearest bus stops were and i even got bus tickets from the reception as it was really cold outside, i decided to have a dinner at the Asian restaurant downstairs and the crispy chicken in honey and chili was just delicious! Although i dont usually have breakfast, i decided to have a look because it was included in accommodation and it was actually quite nice to have a quick bite before leaving the hotel I really can say that this hotel was not overrated and i got more than i expected from this nice budget hotel in the suburb of Tartu

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed at hotel Starest a few weeks ago. I think that the location isnt so bad. Its private, away from the city noise and I liked it. Rooms were simple, not fancy but good. Price is also very good. I recommend it to people who dosent want something fancy and just want to relax and rest.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hotel is very simple - just a place to stay overnight night. The room and the bathroom were clean. The food is very simple, although we never left hungry. There was good wi-fi connection in the room. The personnel was always very kind and helpful. It is located near the outskirts of the town, but since Tartu is not big, it is not really a problem. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel, and buses run every 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I recently had to stay in this hotel for one night and I must say - it's very decent for the price you're paying. I've been in hotels twice the price and they've been awful. I think it'd be especially great for people who are traveling around and who aren't looking for luxuries, but just a nice place to sleep at. It's a bit further away from the city centre, but I made that choice knowingly - I wasn't looking for an expensive hotel in the centre anyway. Tartu is so small that it doesn't take a lot even to walk to the old town etc. Plus, there's a number of buses going down as well. Food was alright, but I had food in the cafes in town instead so not much to add there. I'd definitely go there again for this price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NoNameUser1
Reviewed 29 May 2012

It all started when we arrived at the hostel. The administrator seemed to be completely uninterested in us. We checked in and went to our room, only to find that there were ants in several places in our room, in addition to the view from the window being upon (and I'm not kidding) a wall. So back to the reception we went.
When we asked for a new room the administrator claimed that we couldn't be given one, for there were none available. Then, after we demanded that we get a new room, she magically found a way to put the three of us into a twin room with an extra bed. When we did not accept that, she finally gave us one single and one double room. What a farce. It couldn't have been a more unpleasant check-in.
The trouble didn't end there. We got to our new room and spent the evening listening to two separate groups of school children running around giggling in the hallways. Thus we couldn't keep the door open, which was all the worse since it was too hot and the window didn't open properly.
The second evening we came to our rooms and discovered that our belongings were gone. Upon questioning, the administrator said that we had been put back to our old room, where the pest had supposedly been taken care of. The thing is, our baggage had been taken without our knowledge or permission, packed and taken to a storage room. And all that without notifying us, even though we had given them our contacts (local cell numbers) when checking in. Back in our old room, there were indeed no ants any more, but the whole experience was immensely frustrating.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms in house blocks B or C, they have poor Wi-Fi, might not have a bathroom in the roo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business