Hotel Jurmala Spa
  • Beachfront
Sunset Hotel(Jurmala)
Parus(Jurmala)
View Hotel
Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA(Jurmala)
Elina(Jurmala)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
Eiropa Hotel(Jurmala)
View Hotel
All reviewsseaside barsuperior roomsat navthe air conditioningjomas streetmain streetnice viewrussian speakinglarge selectionwalking streetswimming poolrooms are nicesmoked salmonhotel is locatedbuffet breakfastsalt roomtrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Jurmala spa had the potential to be perfect. Sadly it was not.

We booked a 3 person room and it was not cheap-only to find that one bed was a converted couch and not a proper bed. The room was very clean and the one bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was a full continental and there was nothing missing. Lots of fresh food.

The wifi was free and worked okay.

Location was perfect. Next to the main Jurmala street and 5 minutes from the beach and 10 from the train station by walking.

The spa itself has six really nice saunas. The hot tubes were sadly not very hot-you would almost get a chill after a little while because they were set to a constant 32C I think. That was very disappointing. The most annoying thing was that after 6pm you had to pay extra to use the spa and pool. If we had know that we would not have stayed at all because it meant we hardly had any time once we arrived to use it. Considering we paid dearly (especially for Latvia) the spa should be open for use without extra charge.

Because of that fee I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was really looking forward for staying at the hotel, but not everything met my expectations. The location is perfect as it's close to the variety of restaurants and to the sea. The nature is absolutely fantastic. Moreover, the breakfast in Hotel Jurmala Spa was brilliant, I was impressed by the wide range of choices offered. Stuff was very welcoming there.
However, the gym is very old, definitely didn't expect to see it like that, all the equipment needs replacing. swimming pool wasn't as great as we would expect. There are many dangerous stairs under the water and kids are still jumping and diving there. Overall, the swimming pool area is quite cold. Everything looks a bit old.
11th floor cafe is very nice and welcoming with a lovely view.
But we noticed that some stuff around the hotel are not too welcoming and smiley.
Rooms are quite alright, but would expect a basic kettle, cups, tea bags or instant coffee in the room for the price.
Overall impression was that the hotel is becoming a bit old and needs some innovations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter and the view is nicer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The rooms in this hotel were quite gorgeous, very modern. The spa was excellent in my opinion, there are hundreds of treatments available and usually there is always a staff member available even if you book just an hour in advance. The standards at the spa are very high for sure, it's very hygienic and the treatments are truly done so well.
The only thing I didn't love about this hotel was the food (breakfast in particular). I am Russian so I love Russian food, but I never really looked forward to the breakfasts here.
Otherwise, great location, really central in terms of being close to both the beach and the shopping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 434yelena
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Only 4 min from the beach and 1 min to restaurants. Nice pool and spa, with free entrance! A lot of treatments. The massage was very good. Rooms were nice and spacey. Breakfast was ok. Bicycle to rent. Best of all is that my left iPad was found and sent to my next location thanks to the honest personnel. We had a great stay at Jurmala Spa and would be happy to visit again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel Jurmala Spa has a very central location. Only difficulty was to find the hotel when we arrived (didn't have navigator in the motorcycles) because the directional signing was poor. After looking for a while we luckily managed to get there. After finding the hotel, the location was perfect. Directly when you step out of the main doors, you are on the main pedestrian street of Jurmala and in the middle of restaurants and little shops. Only about 5 minutes walk to the beach.

The room was big and clean. Or at least black stones as tiles in the bathroom covered everything...

The spa was nice with several saunas, jacuzzis, two pools (in one them the water was too cold for me). There were a bar in the spa where you can buy drinks or beer. There weren't any water slides or other activities for kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple