“Perfect stay in perfect place.”

Ranked #5 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Lovely place to stay, new decor, very modern, great rooms, very intresting room design with open bathroom... very comfy beds. Breakfast... just fantastic, plenty to choose from. Restaurant can offer very great menu, also plenty to choose from. make sure u taste the lamb.
Location is also good, u can reach everything by foot. Just really enjoyed my time. Perfect place for business meetings and ect. Have fun. Make sure u go to the restaurant Del Popolo when visiting Riga.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ervis555
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Ervis555!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I agree with you „Perfect place for business meetings”. I hope you enjoyed also Riga.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again.
Best regards from Riga

Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Was here with my wife in january last year.
I usually don't book a stay at a upmarket hotel, but I got a nice deal - so why not.

Very nice hotel, rooms was splendid and the breakfast possibly one of the best I've had at a hotel!

The location is what I call perfect: not in the middle of old town (where it can be noisy), but as close to Old Town as you can be. Just walk through a park (5mins) and you are there. Also relatively closeness to train/bus station.
A Lido cafe just 50m up the street, resteurant Charleston is 2 blocks away. Bites Blues pub is 10mins walk away in the same street, Berga Basar just around the corner.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrily

Dear Chrily!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on your recent stay with Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was really happy that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and especially the breakfast.

Thanks again for review about city too and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again in near future
All the best,

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Basically everything is fine in this hotel. Location, room, service, breakfast, bar - all is up to expected standard for a business stay. However, for the prize charged at Radisson I get a much nicer stay in one of the smaller and much more personal hotels in Riga. Radisson does not add any extra touch or atmosphere to the stay. I may stay there again from convenience reasons, but otherwise not.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LasseBromma
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear LasseBromma!

Thank you for your recent feedback.
I was really happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us. It is from feedback that guests give us that we try and improve the service at the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again in near future
All the best,

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Few simple steps to improve your service quality and guest satisfaction:
> 1.Room service is 24 h.
> 2.Offering your guests assistance with the luggage but not just staying and waiting guests will ask for assistance themselves.
> 3.Hire enough staff,to substitute sick/vacation employees(THERE WAS NO BELLMAN ON DUTY WHEN WE WERE CHECKING OUT ON 11/12 AND THERE WERE NO MEN TO HELP US WITH THE LUGGAGE,ONLY LADIES WERE ON DUTY).
> 4.Printing the information bill upon c/out before charging the card(NO INFORMATION BILL WAS PRINTED,WE WERE ONLY TOLD THE AMOUNT,WHICH WE DO NOT REALIZE COMING FROM).
> 5.Making turn down service.
> 6.Motivating your FD staff - they are the business card of the hotel.(IT SHOULD ATTRACT AND NOT MAKING YOU THINK THAT QUESTION OR SERVICE THAT YOU ASKED IS VERY COMPLICATED AND NOT WELCOMED)
> 7.Making some concierge service training for FD(THEY SIMPLY HAD NO ANSWER WHEN WE ASKED ABOUT 24 HOURS RESTAURANT IN THE CITY AS YOUR ROOM SERVICE IS NOT OPERATING,LATER WE FOUND ONE IN THE OLD CITY, AND I AM SURE THERE ARE MORE IN THE CITY).
> 8.Making your staff love their job and offer your services.(WE WERE INFORMED THAT FD CAN ORGANIZE PIZZA DELIVERY INSTEAD OF ROOM SERVICE,SO WHEN WE RETURNED IN THE MORNING AND ASKED ANOTHER LADY AT FD IS THERE A POSSIBILITY TO EAT SOMETHING,THEY SAID DIRECTLY NO.SO WE SAID "WE HEARD THAT WE CAN ORDER A PIZZA...","OH!YES YOU CAN...BUT IT TAKES 1.5 HOURS TO DELIVER IT HERE ETC...." "PLEASE DELIVER IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE"- FINALLY WE BEGGED SOMETHING TO EAT.IS THAT NORMAL THAT GUESTS SHOULD ASK ALMOST "PLEASE FEED US, WE ARE REALLY DYING OF STARVING???)
> Those above are only bed occasions,but they were coming along with positive(DESIGN AND LOCATION ARE NO COMMENTS - PERFECT AND THE ROOM UPGRADE AND HSKP SERVICE ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED), so all in all we have enjoyed our stay,but this might just because we trying not focus our attention on minuses and disadvantages.And we would like to say thank you to all the staff for your warm smiles and kindness provided!Think that this above is a mystery guest report to the management. :) May be when the real mystery guest will arrive to your hotel with inspection from head office you will not have these disadvantages. :)
> And why everybody are blaming bathroom design??we wanted to say that it is marvellous! If you are sleeping in the same bed with the person so why you should shy her/him? :)
> Always at your service I remain,
> Kletanin Sergey
> Assistant Front Office Manager
> Mamaison All-Suites Spa Hotel Pokrovka Moscow

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trendy85
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We booked this room through the points system, with points we had saved and it was fantastic, especially to think it was a reward room. Location is excellent, just a stroll from the Old Town where we went to the Xmas Markets, etc. Couldn't fault the hotel in any way at all.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear Whugirl!

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about your recent stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again in near future
Kind regards from Riga

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I am a frequent global traveler and my company has a corporate account with Radisson. I stayed here and spent 300 euros a night for a Junior suite. I went out at night and met a really nice young lady and the next day I invited her back to my hotel where we hung out for several hours. All we did was talk and listen to Jazz music (REALLY!) and in the evening when she had to leave I walked her to the lobby and gave her a kiss goodbye. I find out later that the guy working the front desk recognized her and knows her boyfriend and goes so far as to call the boyfriend and tell him my name, my room number and my phone number! All of which are supposed to be private! The next thing I know, Im getting threatening phone calls. I call management to complain and I explain to them 1) That I was only in the lobby with her for 2 minutes the entire day and was not seen with her at any other time in the hotel, 2) I told them the exact time I was there 3) that there was no one else in the lobby at the time other than us and whoever was at the front desk which could easily be seen on the security camera recording. They fed me the line about their hotel policy of not giving out guest information, and I explained to them that I understand that they have a "policy" but that clearly this policy was broken and that they can easily identify the guy who broke it and that the boyfriend had admitted that it was someone who worked in the reception of the hotel who told him my information. Besides, no one else could have provided him with all of that information, it had to be hotel staff member in the reception. I spoke to the manager and he did nothing to pursue the matter other than to call a staff meeting and re-affirm with everyone about their privacy policy. I could understand if it were really hard to determine who it was, but in this case it wasn't, and I rightfully expected them to identify and take action against the person. Ironically, when I asked them for them the name of the staff members on duty in reception at that time, they told me that they were not permitted to tell me for privacy reasons, Oh really? But I pay 300 euros a night and my information can be passed around to whoever, whenever?

Also, imagine if he had seen me during the day, called the boyfriend, boyfriend comes down with a knife or a gun or god knows what...... and all I did was listen to some jazz all day! Imagine this scenario applied to any guy staying at the hotel with the intention to meet women in riga......... Im sure thats half the hotels occupancy right there! Good luck guys!

Now you might be saying to yourself who cares, that wont apply to me. But I have news for you, privacy should matter to you, Riga is a town full of scams and scam artists, and if you cant trust your hotel at 300 euros a night, (especially in a circumstance where they could have identified the guy and taken appropriate measures against him), I would be really concerned about things like this and any assortment of things that could happen. Its really a matter of principle as well.

Needless to say I am cancelling my corporate account with Radisson. I will not stay there again myself for sure.

But I guess this serves me right for being the only guy to visit Riga and bring a girl back to his room without any intention of getting laid! Instead I was a gentleman who made the "mistake" of walking the lady out to the door.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank Steve G
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Mr. Steve G,

Thank you for taking your time and for sharing your feedback with us.

We already have apologised to you for this situation and we have also explained to you, that it is impossible, that the Reception or anyone from the hotel has given your telephone number to a third party due to fact that we do not have this information available – we do not have your phone number on file! That is why your comment is completely misleading and provides false information. I suggest you to recall all events that happened during your visit in Riga, maybe there could be possibilities that your phone number might been obtained in some other way e.g. you have sent an message or called your friend on cell phone, and then the boyfriend of the girl has discovered it that way? Think, where you met this girl – maybe someone saw you together in cafe etc.

Please understand that our guest privacy is one of the highest priorities and we do not have any interest in giving any personal information.

We feel sorry that you encountered this situation and it is very sad for us, that you hold us responsible for the issue that we could not possibly be blamed of.

We wish you all the best,

Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel Management

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Arrival:
I came from the airport and took the local bus in front of the terminal (€ 4.2 on way) and dropped off at the central station. From there it is a 5 minutes’ walk to the Glo. If you have more luggage I recommend to take the Finnair bus (7€ one way) as it is a real coach and provides help with the luggage. Both buses take around 30 minutes to the city center.
Room:
During check- which was very fast and smooth, nothing special. I booked the lowest category but was upgrade to a deluxe room which is a bit bigger and allows access to the Kämp Spa which is shared with the Hotel Kämp. Otherwise it would have cost 20€. Notice that the Spa is closed on Sundays.
The room was very spacy with separated toilet and bathroom behind an wall, across the bed. As it was facing the courtyard no noise was recognized. Windows cannot be opened and all is controlled by the air condition.

Breakfast:
Breakfast was included in my prepaid rate, but normally is around 20€. Restaurant itself is located on first floor overlooking the pedestrian main street. Selection of food and service was pretty good, real 4 star.
Location:
The location is very good with many restaurants to reach by short walk. It is in the heart of the city with everything easily to reach, train station, shops, harbor and famous sites. Thus also public transport is nearby.
Summary:
Overall very nice and good hotel which is a bargain compared to the Hotel Kämp which is nearby and double the price. But the Glo is much more modern and designed for younger people you would like to stay in the city center.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Carsten H