- very nice staff
- tidy rooms
- nearby tram station and 10 minutes to the Old City and LIDO recreation center
- 10 minutes by feet to the Mols shopping center
- free parking and wi-fi
- bad sound proofing in the rooms, so if you are unlucky to have noisy neighbors who also like to return to their rooms at 1 AM then get ready to wake up in the night
- no fridge in the room
- if you have a room on the 1-st floor you'll have to shut drapes at night, otherwise your room and bed can be seen from street and other windows.
- small rooms, but if you only want to spend nights in the room then its really not an issue
- no restaurant in the hotel, but a few cafes nearby, though I strongly recommend go the Mols shopping center and visit Thali restaurant there; in case of emergency there is food dispenser near the reception
Summarizing all pros and cons I would say that this is very nice hotel for its price if you plan only to sleep in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dodo Hotel is the first low cost hotel concept in Riga, built in 2008, which offers small and cosy rooms at a significantly lower rate. Convenient location to Old Riga (Dodo Hotel was awarded "closest budget hotel to Old Riga" by the famous Latvian magazine "Vakara Zinas" in May 2009). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Odigeo, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dodo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dodo Hotel Riga