“A cool restaurant with Manga inspiration interior, great service and good food.”

COD Robata Grill Bar
Ranked #21 of 1,188 Restaurants in Riga
Reviewed 22 June 2018

First time to Riga, Latvia. Read good things about this restaurant and had to visit and try it out. We took a drink in the bar before dinner in the basement. We loved the Manga inspired interior and the Asian atmosphere. My drink was a little to sour for my taste, but that was my fault. My girlfriend had the Boozy berry and that was very nice. Recommended! After drinks we were seated and felt very welcomed. The waiter told us about the dishes and recommended cold sake.
For starters we had the gunkan maki with spicy crab and carrots. Tasty! For main course my girlfriend had rockfish with sweet potato chips and wasabi sauce. I choose the black angus beef with white asparagus and king oyster mushrooms. Both dishes was very good, although the potato chips was a bit soggy. We also got some peas with sea salt on the house and that was very good. For dessert we had earl grey crème brûlée with passion fruit sorbet and that was fantastic. And ananas sorbet also on the house. Delicious! Take the trip here, you wont regret it.

1  Thank Wigowitch

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The manager and staff of this restaurant are the only thing better than their dishes.

I could not be with my girlfriend in Riga for her birthday because I was working in Germany. I decided to call COD restaurant to inquire if it was possible to pay for my GF's dinner party from where I was. Dina, the restaurant manager had never encountered this request before. But after exchanging a couple of emails, she figured out a way to do it. Then she came up with the awesome menu for five adults and two kids for the surprise dinner party for my GF and her family.

My GF kept sending me pictures the entire time their party was in the restaurant. Everyone was blown away by how good the food was and how great the staff were.

Just some background info, my GF and her little daughter have been traveling the world lately with me; from Avignon to Stuttgart to Tokyo, just to name a couple of cities. They know and appreciate great food.

So when the birthday party unanimously declared, "This is the best dinner we've had!", I tend to believe it.

I would recommend COD to anyone who appreciates not just Japanese cuisines, but a truly world-class service.

Seriously, they are so good- my GF's sister-in-law who never ate fish before being at COD, enjoyed her first sushi roll and other seafood dishes. She is now a convert.

1  Thank Al C
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best restaurant in the city with amazing interior and glam oriental atmosphere.!The best asian desserts!

1  Thank Medea G
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I really enjoyed the time in the restaurant. The food is superb. I can really recommend it for a great start or ending of a city trip, for a business dinner or a get together. The food is high class for a reasonable price. The Coquille Saint-Jacques Sashimi on Edame-puree was a dream. The sushi is probably the best in the Baltics. The service was the best one I experienced for a long time. Our waiter Mariks was more than great. He new everything we asked for and his recommendations were perfect. I had a great beer, probably one of the best I`ve ever drunk.

1  Thank jphoc
Reviewed 22 May 2018

My wife and I visited COD Robata Grill last Friday and we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at the restaurant very much. We had six different dishes and a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, all tasted excellent and the best of all was the very friendly and professional service by a young, pretty waitress. For lovers of japanese food, the visit of COD Robata grill is an absolute must.

COD_Manager, Manager at COD Robata Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Eduard,
Thank you for your great review and feedback. We are very happy to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your visit of COD Robata Grill Bar. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we hope we'll see you again in future.

Kind regards,