“Average hotel, with nothing special, stay away from their hotel taxi, they are cheating” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rixwell Elefant Hotel

Rixwell Elefant Hotel
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Honestly nothing special, nice, clean hotel, with average quality breakfast.
When I was there, every evening the restaurant was closed. Not a big loss based on the breakfast.
I went to old town, that compensates. Expect the fact that I had to argue every day with the driver. The clock was showing 6.7 EUR, on the first day he tried to charge 9.7 EUR on my card, on the second his colleague tried to charge 8.5 instead of 6.5 shown by the clock.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank byro19
O S, Public Relations Manager at Rixwell Elefant Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Wellton Elefant Hotel!
We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced. Thank you for taking time to share it with us. Let me assure you that there is an investigation at the moment.
We hope that despite to your experience, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel.

Wellton Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Menton, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I could stay in this hotel for one night last week as I was on a business trip.
Good and clean hotel with an impressive elefant in the dinning room.
Breakfast was ok even if a better presentation would impress customers a bit more.

Nice for a quick stay only as it is a bit far from the center

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Well words cannot describe how bad this hotel is! I would not give this hotel 4 star rating more like 1 star! Let's start with food this was so bad the bacon at breakfast was so poor! I wouldn't feed to animals! I was woken up by a member of staff at midnight demanding I paid for a sandwich I had earlier in the day from the room service! I felt intimidated by this man and he was very rude to me! The hotel taxi driver smelled so bad of body odour I was almost sick! No excuse for this!! I voiced my concerns to staff and was told I moan a lot and that I should go back to England if I don't like it in the hotel!! I have never felt so angry and treated so badly by a hotel! I would avoid this hotel at all costs!!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Worsthotelevwr
O S, Public Relations Manager at Rixwell Elefant Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share experience.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused. We are constantly working on improvement of our customer service. We appreciate your review; every guest opinion is the way to raise our level of service.
We hope that despite to your experience, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel in order to restore your faith in us.

Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We came late at night, tired and with no reservation. The check-in was a little slow but maybe due to us wanting to go to bed superfast.
We got a very comfortable and clean room and cozy bed.
Very modern and nice hotel, will surely visit again.
And for breakfast, they served shampaigne :-))
If I remember correctly, it was not a usual thing but a very nice surprize.
Didn't drink it, because I had to be behind the wheel to drive to home, Tallinn Estonia.
But this hotel gave me everything I needed to be ready for the drive - slept like a baby, hearty breakfast and a positive emotions from hotel staff.

Stayed June 2014
O S, Public Relations Manager at Rixwell Elefant Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mrs Katrin A,

Thank you for choosing Wellton Hotel Group! We appreciate the time to share your experience.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you soon again!

Kinds regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel, not at the end santer but in the taxi, proximity, 10 minutes. Very clean and nice hotel. Very halpful staff. Dafeantly we go back there again ......,..............,.........................

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The rooms are so Small. We get a room with smoke and loud party crowed from the bar Outside because the window go direct to the bar. In the bathroom are mould. The hotel is far away from the old town in riga. 2 traveller groups get food from microwave and the personal was overworked. Do not wast your time here.

Room Tip: Book any other hotel in riga
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Andreas P
O S, Public Relations Manager at Rixwell Elefant Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr Andreas,

Thank you for taking time to review us. We appreciate constructive feedback!
We are sorry to hear, that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. All your comments were forwarded to the relevant departments in order to improve services we provide.
We are disappointed to hear, that you got the impession of our food to be done in microwave as I can assure you, that the food we serve is freshly cooked.
Hopefully, you will give us another chance to show you our commitment to quality and service.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Before we arrived we were a bit apprehensive about the standard of hotel which we'd find in this former Soviet republic. However, we needn't have worried. This was a superb hotel situated about half way between the airport and Riga City centre. We hired a car at the airport and had no trouble finding this hotel. The hotel price was very reasonable for the standard of hotel, the breakfast was lovely and presented a wide choice and the evening meals in the restaurant were both excellent and well priced. The bedroom was large,clean and well maintained. We had absolutely no complaints about the hotel or its location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
O S, Public Relations Manager at Rixwell Elefant Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Mr Alec,

Thank you for your feedback and high rating.
We are happy to hear that you ejoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.