“Good food, poor service”
Review of Kiploku Krogs

Kiploku Krogs
Ranked #278 of 1,071 Restaurants in Riga
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Good presentation, tasty food, good choice of meals in the menu. Poor choice of white wines by bottle. Beer with garlic wasnt best choice, wouldnt recommend. The girl who was serving confused meals, so 3 of us was enjoying our meals and one was waiting while they bring ordered meal.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We went to check out this place, since our hotel's receptionist recommended it when we asked some not-so-ordinary restaurant. We expected that the food would taste like garlic -but there was no garlic in sight. Only when I got my main course (pork ribs, which were 80% fat) I saw some roasted garlic cloves. But they were cold and mushy, like they were prepared ages ago and just tossed on the plate.
My boyfriend had spicy shrimps for starter and for the main course stuffed chicken roll, which was very dry.
We ate about at 3 pm, and luckily we were at the hotel at 6 pm when my boyfriend started to feel sick. He literally emptied himself from the both ends. At 1 am I had to get some juice and water from the night receptionist...
We're pretty confident that the food poisoning came from Kiploku Krogs, since everything else that day we ate were the same and I didn't get any symptoms (lucky me...).
So it's 1 out of 5 -beware.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is a great place for garlic lovers. Food was all right and contained lots of garlic, and there were even desserts with garlic. The garlic in beer was a bit too much for me, and I would not choose it again. Service was efficient but maybe not the most polite. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Me and my family were dining at the Kiploku krogs. The staff was ok, but the food was very, very, very oily. My eggplant was all swimming in oil. Only two hot vegetarian dishes overall (eggplant with cheese and some kind of a mushroom); both were swimming in oil.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Fantastic place! Love their food! Here you got garlic in every dish, even in desserts! Good price level.