“Very good food, excellent service”

Restaurant Desiderata
Ranked #277 of 982 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$25 - US$46
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Desiderata locataed in Old Town of Riga with orginal interior - warm , comforting with wonderful lighting and exclusive design elements – the part of the floor reveals a 16th century well and old city walls . Desiderata has created a bright and beautiful space that is the perfect setting for a good lunch or dinner.Neverthless, we take most pride in our cuisine and service. The Chef presents delectable internationla gourmet menu thats’s truly a master work. The tases and aroma will set your mount watering for more of this secretive skills. Desiderata is a special place where to mark a momentous occasion, or easily impress any client or quest.
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good food, excellent service”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stylish interior, reasonable prices. You would pay a lot more for this quality of food and level of service in other countries. Waiter was perfect. Even offered a small desert to the people who didn't order any (because they were full), so that the one person who DID wouldn't be the only one left eating at the end of a very good meal. Eat here if you can, it is well worth it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ginovandevelde

Trondheim, Norway
“Nice enough”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very nice and stylish looking restaurant in the basement of our hotel, situatet in the middle of the old town. There were only two other guests in the restaurant when we visited between 8 and 10 on a saturday evening, wich we found quite odd. Our waitress was pleasant and smiling, but seemed to be a bit insecure regarding comunicating in english, so she wasn't very informative.
The food was tasty enough. Both fish dishes was slightly too salty, and the salmon was fried a bit too hard. But it was ok. Appetizers and wine - both very good.

• Visited October 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Exquisite delicious charm”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had lunch there today. Interior is gorgeously decorated, with lighting spiraling on the ceiling like tentacles, glowing warmly under a wrapping of cream linen. Awesome semiprivate table with heavy baroque-versace armchairs, gold and black. Cool glass floor with a 13th century brick water well visible through. Realy special feel to the place.
We had quince soup with goat cheese, trout appetiser and sturgeon with champagne sauce. Prior, compliments from chef were delivered, delicate, tasty and pretty. Bread basket was great, more than 5 different breads, all fresh and delicious. No freeze dried generic rolls here!
Homemade apple sorbet served before main course, delicious, but a touch too sweet for the purpose of a sorbet to cleanse the palate. It was more like an icecream.
The sturgeon. I have had my share in georgian Moscow restaurants, ordered by Georgians, on the grill, with pomegranate sauce. Orgasmic indeed.
This one was utterly fresh, light, delicious, flaky and delicate. Served with fresh baby zucchini, carrots, snow pea pods and other obviously fresh crunchy veggies.
All of this gluttony, together with perfectly luscious house cabernet set me back 35 Lat, around 55 euros. A steal i would say, compared to legions of entirely forgettable joints.

1 Thank halfad0zen
Vasteras, Sweden
“A wonderful dinner!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We came to Riga to celebrate a relative's birthday and chose this restaurant based on the reviews on tripadvisor. As a party of eight we were the only guests on the restaurant the whole evening except for a man dining alone. As a result we got all the attention from the professional staff! The food was delicious. Extra points for the complementary small appetiser and the sherbet to clean the palate between the dishes. The chocolate fondant was fantastic. If I must complain about something it would be the sodas ordered for the children of the party, which were served lukewarm. If we visit Riga again we would absolutely visit Desiderata!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank DrSandrew
Riga, Riga, Latvia
“The same good,but not the best for me now !”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Always loved and reccomended this restaurant to all my friends ,but after my last visiting I have a lil bit mixed and dissapoined opinion ..Everything was very good,10 points from 10 for the staff,the same attentive ,very polite and professional ! What I did not liked during my last visit -one of my orders been really too salty for me,but the waitress told that they use a very high level of special sea salt so it will not be bad to eat it for someone's health ....Anyway, as I told to them that the problem not in health,but in my taste ...I just do not eat so much salt ! So ,be carefull and ask them not to put so much of it .In any case they can change and to cook it second time for you ))

• Visited January 2013