Hotel Justus
US$113
US$88
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Bellevue Park Hotel Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$187
US$88
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$83
US$139
US$135
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationold townexposed brickquirky hoteldome cathedralspent nights heretea and coffee facilitiescentral locationgood sizebed was comfortablestreet noisesingle roomthird floorspoke good englishbreakfast buffetwonderful hoteltop floor
Reviewed 22 September 2009

As for me it was going back to my good old Riga after years living abroad I was delited to find there was a new hotel open in the Old Town and in the pictures it looked charming, so we booked it. The staff was friendly and the hotel itself with lots of features. There was only one strange thing in our bathroom: the cold water was running when turned the red but the hot one - the blue. Before we realised that it took me about 10 mins running water, searching for "the secret button" to press to turn it on etc.
The breakfast. The choise was not exactly the best what Latvian food industry can offer, however they have managed to balance between cheap and acceptable quite well. The juice could be better quality and the coffee wasn't too tasty neither.
However, this hotel DOES represent very good value for the price they charge. Welcome to my country! :))

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Stayed in a superior twin for a Saturday and Sunday night. The hotel is beautiful and the room one of the nicest I've stayed in. The bathroom was large and shower great. Lovely view of bell towers. I thought the breakfast was really nice, unlike some other reviewers, better than in some other Eastern European cities. We stayed in room 417 to start with which is facing the street and right next to a bar. This bar is open till 3.a.m. Monday to Thursday and till 6 a.m. Friday and Saturday. They play very loud music out into the open and they face an empty square so the sound booms around and thuds through the walls. We fell asleep quite quickly as we were tired from our journey but within an hour or so we were awake and continued to be so most of the night till the bar closed. It was unbearable and such a surprise as the hotel is situated in a very quiet area during the day. We asked reception to change our room the next day and this was done quickly and without fuss. This was much better although the bar was closed on the Sunday anyway so I cannot say whether we would still have heard the music. It was such a shame as the owners have taken such care with the restoration of this building and we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future as another newly restored hotel - just as nice as the Justus - is due to open in a few months. It is opposite and I am sure their clients will suffer as we did so I cannot believe this situation will be allowed to continue. On a plus side we ate at the restaurant attached to the new hotel opposite which is already open and it was wonderful. Neibergs I think it was called.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Londontraveller033
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My friend an me stayed in the Hotel Justus for a couple of days. It is a very new hotel, just opened. The rooms are very good, free Internet, the only thing that bothered me of the younger media generation was that the TV was a bit small, but I didn't come to Riga to watch TV ...........................................
Breakfast is included in the price. It is not a huge breakfast with a lot of varieties, but it was good.
The hotel is right in old town, so a very good location for sightseeing, though it is hard to reach by car.
There is a restaurant in the hotel which I dearly recommend.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2009

This hotel is a little difficult to get to due to the tiny, narrow streets in "Old Town" Riga BUT worth every attempt. A former ugly building has been turned into a delightful modern hotel with clean room, elevator and a location close to everything. The staff is one of the friendliest in all of Riga... the breakfast, while adequate, is somewhat lacking in "American" familiar items ... bacon, scrambled eggs, etc but makes up for it with some more European items - cheeses, nice breads, meats... I asked for a "soft - loose" hard-boiled egg and they were happy to make one as the precooked eggs are usually cold and very hard boiled. The rooms are nice - air conditioned (for August - important!) and spacious... Bathroom shower is nice and easy to get into/out of unlike some high walled tubs... Internet connection free and very fast! JEWEL of a Hotel... plus they have a restaurant attached - Le Crabbe - and the food is fresh and tasty... pricey too but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Stayed in Justus for a couple of nights in June 2009. The hotel is new and very charming. The room which we had was not too big, but very nice. Very comfortable bed and walk-in rainn-shower.
Superb restaurant Le Crabe is in the same building, Champagne & Fish is their speciality. Splendid wine list and lots of choice for any budget.
It might get a bit loud on a Friday night as you are close to the bar located next door if your room is facing the Janiela street, nevertheless the location is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple