“Great place for dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Jurmala, Latvia
“Great place for dinner”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Great Italian food, nice an fast service, good price

2 Thank Blu68

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT chef”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I thought it might sound a bit of an exaggeration if I say that once I ate there, I wanted to eat there everyday. But I noticed some other reviewers felt the same, and did the same, so I am not an outlier :) The menu is quite diverse, so i did come back for more pastas , risotto and pizza (yeah i stayed a couple of weeks in Riga). I don t know where the chef is from but he is EXCELLENT. As for the location, the street is beautiful, and what I like is that at this restaurant you r not surrounded with tourists and loud music like in other places that are in center squares. It was a nice place to take a break from the partying (which I was doing often there) and get something healthy.
Tried several places in Riga, for italian food (and i would dare to say for good food in general) this is by far best value.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank JD_trippin
Athens, Greece
“Perfect for a simple Italian style dinner”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Nothing sophisticated, but a very good quality pasta (medium to small plate size), a great pizza margherita, friendly service, and a cosy location. So if you want a simple Italian style dinner with a friendly price and good quality, that's a perfect option!

Athens, Greece
“Simple, nice, cozy”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Sime trattoria, not the best that you could be, but it sure gets 5* value for money. The pizza was Rome style, delicious, pasta light and tasty.
RecOmmended as a very safe tasty chOise in Riga.

1 Thank Kostis_ka
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Italian in Riga, go figure...”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We went to an "Italian" restaurant because my husband wanted a Chicken Parmigiana dish. The waiter never heard of it. We asked for a pizza with ricotta cheese for our daughter- we were told that they just run out of ricotta cheese. Margarita pizza which we ordered instead was OK. So was home-made pasta. My mushroom risotto was decent, but nothing to write home about.
Whatever you do, don't order Cosmopolitan drink. Though it was on a menu, they don't know how to make it. It took them twenty minutes to bring the drink and it looked and tastes like a dirty mojito with red berries on top. Gross.
Go to Olive Oil Trading, next door. Though they affiliated, Olive Oil is much better.

• Visited August 2011