“Perfect evening”

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Askim, Norway
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My partner and I chose this restaurant on Friday the 25th January. The food was delicious, the waiter was highly skilled, both in terms of choice of food and wine. In addition, she spoke good English.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear john G T, thank you for the nice review of our restaurant. It's always pleasant to hear a good feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed all that restaurant Le Dome has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Riga!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night December 15-16, 2012. The hotel's design is homey and laid back in a modern way. Certainly nothing to write home about, but pleasant. The staff was extremely obliging, starting with arranging the airport pick up, flowers in the room and the champagne that was not on the hotel's wine list, but could be bought in a store, which the concierge kindly arranged at my request.

I was offered two options for the room, which was a very nice touch - in my experience the hotels just put you in a room without giving you options. Nicely surprised at that. The room itself was nice, the design, again, not outstanding but by all means pleasant and homey.

The only drawback that I experienced - but that made me take off one star from the review - is a very dreadful breakfast. It was poorly presented and not very good. In a country that prides itself on milk products, we did not get the requested cottage cheese, but received farmers cheese, the normal cheese platter was minimal with cheeses of average quality, the presentation was awful. In what was an otherwise perfect urbane oasis, the breakfast was something that would be served by a stingy country bumpkin auntie. Well, at least this is how I'd imagine such a person serve up your breakfast lol.

I must say, I would sure return to this hotel if I have to go back to Riga one day, I've stayed in the Grand Hotel in Riga and Dome beats it by a mile.

Room Tip: I stayed in a top floor suite - would highly recommend it for romantic views. Ba careful booking it...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Georgy D, Thank you for taking the time to post a review we greatly appreciate your comments. It was our pleasure to take care of you and I am delighted that you were well looked after. We pride ourselves on our very high level of service and I am thrilled that you felt your welcome was warm and friendly.
I am pleased that you felt so at home but I do apologize about breakfast which did not fulfill your expectations and waiter messed up with the cheese. As well we will surely improve our breakfast presentation for room service.
I do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Riga and allow us an opportunity to restore your confidence of the breakfast of our hotel.

Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Dome Hotel and Spa is everything it has been reported to be. We prefer a small, intimate boutique type facility and the Dome is all of that. The rooms are somewhat different depending on floor and size (and of course cost) but all appear to be very comfortable and well appointed. We chose a deluxe double which was charming, very large space and extremely comfortable. They are very proud of their beds and we slept very well throughout our visit. Some have complained about the lack of a view but it is a small hotel located in a very old urban area and if a view is important to you, go to the Radisson or Hilton.The staff are all excellent; knowledgeable, helpful, pleasant and always available. Whether you just want information or need tickets and reservations, they will provide what you wish. Location is very convenient in the Old City.

We did not use the Spa or sauna. Reservations are necessary and the times available did not suit our schedule. No fault of the hotel, we just did not ask ahead of time. I did check the facilities and they are well appointed, immaculate and very modern.

Breakfast was included and was terrific. You can order just about any breakfast item you want and there is an excellent selection of cold items, cereals and fruit. Service is quick, efficient and courteous as it was for all restaurant and bar services.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear teemor, thank you for taking the time to post a review Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had great experience. Our team takes great pride in offering the highest possible level of service to our guest and it is very rewarding when this is recognized.
Our rooms are all very individual and all very comfortable and we are indeed very centrally located in the Old Riga and all main tourist attractions are in close proximity and of course the wonderful Dome Church you can even see from some of our rooms.
We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dome Hotel & SPA on a future visit.

Riga
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The perfect place to relax and invite friends and business partners to stay and have a delicious dinner, lunch or breakfast. They also offer excellent SPA rituals. Besides they have a very friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Dear Ivulis, we are really grateful to read that you enjoyed the restaurant Le Dome and Dome SPA! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel or restaurant soon and would like to assure you of our best personal attention to your future stays at the Dome Hotel & SPA.

Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 24 December 2012

For my wife's birthday I had planned to go to Tallin, but having left it last minute I couldn't get flights at a sensible time or price, so we ended up in Riga by simple accident of the Ryan air schedule. Having not researched at all about the city, this was a big gamble. It was the first weekend in December. My brief from the wife was that she wanted a good boutique style hotel, and a European City that felt Christmassy. Thankfully, the hotel and Riga delivered on both counts.

I'd emailed ahead to let the hotel know it was my wife's Birthday and I wanted to impress. They were able to arrange both flowers in the room and an airport transfer in a decent Merc. at reasonable cost. The hotel is quite small and discreetly situated in the old town, the entrance is understated, I'm glad we had a driver or I may have missed it.

Our room was a suite. Note that this is a 'suite' in the European sense, so a big bedroom with a small ante-room/lounge at the front. An American wouldn't describe it as a suite - so if you're American you need to manage your expectations! The room was very nicely decorated, quite quirky, and had an enourmous and deep bath, a flatscreen TV and Nespresso machine. We also had a basket with a nice bottle of sparkling, and some fruit complimentary from the hotel which was a nice touch.

We arrived in the evening so ate onsite in the fish restaurant. It was full which is always a good sign so we had to wait for a table. It was worth it. The food was just what we wanted - really interesting traditional local seafood flavours, prepared in a modern well presented way. It was only slightly interrupted when a drunk walked in off the street, but this was well handled by the staff.

The next morning we had chance to explore, Riga is just a perfect location for a Christmas mini-break! We had a good covering of snow, and every square in the Old town had proper Christmas market stalls, including one less than 200 yards from the hotels front door. They were just busy enough to have atmosphere, but peaceful and quiet enough that you had personal space with none of the crush you get at the more famous Christmas markets in Europe. It's a very small city, so a couple of days are all it needs to feel you get a full sense of the place. Lots of pubs and seafood restaurants (and other cuisines) are all on the hotel doorstep in the old town. I don't think I know anyone else who's been to Riga, so there was that nice feeling of being somewhere a little different to the norm. I really do recommend it for this time of year.

Room service breakfast was included in the rate. A decent choice that set us up well for the day. It was a nice touch that on the morning of my wife's birthday they sent up cake. It was also nice that the receptionist knew, and wished her a happy birthday - that is the kind of personal touch you get at the small independent places you don't get at the larger chains.

On the last day my wife also had a couple of treatments in the small onsite spa, which she enjoyed very much. She came home feeling very pampered which was exactly what I wanted from the trip.

This is not a cheap hotel, so you have every right to expect a high level of service, and a quality experience - but I'm very pleased that for us - they delivered.

1 Thank WilliWonka
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear WilliWonka, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Dome Hotel & SPA during wife's birthday celebration. I’m glad to hear we were able to enhance your Christmas experience and make it a memorable one.
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. I hope you will come back to see us again soon and have a very Happy New Year!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Very friendly, helpful and polite staff. The breakfast was great. Did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel. The rooms are modern and very comfortable. Great location! The spa facilities are nice, but small and they seem not to have enough staff for the spa. All in all a great experience and I would recommend the hotel for a long weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear Julie B, your positive comments about our service encourage our team to go further and work harder in order to ensure a marvelous stay in our hotel!
It is good that you addressed some points about our SPA, as this helps us in order to understand the needs of our guests. As well I would like to mention that our SPA is not meant for mass service and is really private, more individual approach.
It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel and if you ever feel like coming back to Riga, we would be honored to welcome you in our hotel once again.

Kempten, Germany
Reviewed 12 November 2012

After travelling around a few places in Europe, the Dome Hotel came at a perfect moment, more relaxed, charming and warm with friendly and kind staff. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and the restaurant is very good, delicious breakfast. The spa treatments are also very good. This is a place where you could go to every weekend to escape the routine and step into an oasis of calmness. Loved the feeling of being at a upscale but relaxed place, a B&B feeling at a 5 star luxury small hotel.

Room Tip: the Dome room was very nice but without a bathtub and might be too small for some people, my suggest...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear smashing79, we are delighted to know you appreciated our luxury hotel. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant Le Dome and SPA treatments in Dome SPA.
I am delighted that we were able to create an excellent travel experience for you and hope that you will return for another great weekend soon.