“Excellent”

Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 26 June 2014

On arrival, we were a bit too early, but the staff was very amicable and tried to get room fixed as soon as possible. They took care of our luggage, so we could do some sightseeing meanwhile.The hotel is perfectly situated. The room, sheets, towels, bed, breakfast were excellent. Room and bathroom were bright clean. My husband, who is an experienced traveller, was amazed about the cleanliness. Wonderful, helpful stuff. Hopefully, we will stay there again. :)

Room Tip: We were staying in room #305. We liked it a lot!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear KadiOrav, thank you very much for your review, it really made my day! I am delighted to read all your nice comments and I highly appreciate all the details you have mentioned. I believe all these information will be very useful for the other travelers. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and taken your time to share your experiences via TripAvisor.
I am glad you have enjoyed a possibility to check-in earlier. We always do our best to make rooms ready upon guests arrival. If the room is ready we are always happy to offer an early check-in free of charge.
I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel in the future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked a bit late so we didn't get the nicest of rooms - we did mistaken peeling paint as a bad renovation when it was heritage listed decor. A lovely turkish sauna just for two. Enjoyable breakfast. Lovely bathroom. The bad: it is a spa and sauna hotel - they provide enough water in the room to hydrate a toddler. Fresh fruit in a bowl is a nice offer on arrival - pity none of it was ripe. Its rated 5 star but this has some work to live up to the expectations.

Room Tip: I would stay again, but I would book in advance and try and get a room away from the main street and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert E, thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and your positive comments regarding our sauna, bathroom and our a la carta buffet breakfast. We have already doubled our complimentary water quantity. Once again thank you for your visit and I hope we will have a chance to match your expectations in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at the Dome Hotel in Riga. We usually stay at high end places and we have always favored the Relais & Chateaux brand. The Dome Hotel & Spa can certainly hold its own with the best. we stayed in room #404 which was a good sized room that included a spacious seating area. The linens and towels were excellent and the accessories in the bathroom were top of the line. Our shower was a spacious rain shower (a rarity in Europe) and the room was tastefully decorated with a view of the "dome". The room was very quiet and our bed was extremely comfortable, which created three excellent nights of peaceful sleep. Our room was very clean and housekeeping did an excellent job throughout our stay. My wife had a massage in the spa and said it was one of the best that she ever had, which is a veery rare compliment from her.

The breakfast was very good with a large assortments of meats, cheeses, yogurts, breads, pastries, fruits, juices, etc. and one could order eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, etc to be cooked to order. Also they serve excellent coffee that is also made to order. This would not be a fair review if I did not mention something about the staff. Everyone on the hotel staff is friendly, helpful and tries to make each and every guest feel special. They all spoke English well and helped us with everything from sights to dinner reservations. My wife and I loved the city of Riga and when we return in the future, we will definitely stay at the Dome Hotel & Spa, a hotel that I would eagerly recommend without any reservations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear ase1707, thank you so much for writing this lovely and detailed feedback on your recent stay at Dome Hotel & SPA. Since our staff is always doing their best to fulfill all of our guests requests in the most friendly, helpful and effective manner, I am particularly pleased you have highlighted them as the strongest element of our hotel. I will be sharing your kind words with all of the staff members and have no doubts they will be very happy to hear they managed to make such a good impression on you.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you to Riga again in the nearby future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed four nights. The good things: delicious breakfast, helpful and friendly service at the front desk, super pillows and bed linens, great location. The not so good things: maybe because we got a good deal from Expedia but we had a strange room. You had to pull a shower curtain over the glass bathroom door to get privacy and the same over the window. The passage between the bed and the desk was so tight we moved the desk. The safe has to be pried open from underneath with your fingernails. Some drawers and brighter reading lights would have been nice. We reported a burned out light twice and it was never repaired. People entered our room even when the 'do not disturb' sign was on the door. A water bottle we had been saving since the Louisiana museum in Denmark for its label was taken away even though it was on the nightstand and not in the trash. The chef in the restaurant overcooks the eggs and even though we asked repeated for reduced fat milk in the restaurant for our lattes it was never provided. These are not enormous issues but we have stayed in five star hotels all over the world and these types of problems have never arisen.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Wandering20082008, thank you for providing your comments and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. These will help us to improve our product and comminication in the future. Regarding the room design, our Dome Rooms are smallest rooms in the hotel which is an inheritance of a 400 year old building and next time I would suggest you to book at least Deluxe Room which is much larger if you like really spacious rooms. I hope that we can have an opportunity to welcome you back and prove that your past experience was an isolated incidence and not what Dome Hotel & SPA really presents.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

room 501. fantastic atmosphere. windows on both sides of the room. it's a full immersion in the old city. you see the steeples from your bed. quiet. comfortable. manicured. kind service. good breakfast too!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Massimovitz
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Massimovitz, thank you so much for writing this nice review! I am delighted that we have made your stay at Dome Hotel & SPA fabulous and the team have taken good care of you and we all greatly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Ambience, concierge service, clearness and comfort - as it must be. No alternatives as it comes from practice. The only 5 star hotel in Riga which deserves a word and deserves it for quality overcoming the expectations from hotel assosiation, the standard comes at it's best. I was staying in 3 more 5 star hotels in Riga and can advice the only one to all single/business/family/couples travellers.

Room Tip: It's not about the room: book "3 povari" (3 to 5 minutes walking) for lunc, shop at Be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Andzhelina, thank you kindly for taking the time to write this amazingly review. I am happy to read that you experienced and loved our restaurants and bars, I know it means you fully took advantage of our wonderful Riga city!
Thank you also for being so appreciative of the service we provide you with. We will always do everything possible to make your stays wonderful and look forward to welcome you for many future stays.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in Dec 2013 on a business trip. The room was excellent very nicely designed and furnished with a large comfortable bed and a terrific ensuite shower room/wc. The staff were
truly friendly and helpful..they even kept the (wonderful) restaurant open quite late as we arrived
very late due bad weather. Its a shame I stayed alone (with business colleagues) as I'm sure my wife would've loved the hotel. We ate several times in the restaurant...the breakfasts were superb
and the meals in the evening were a delight. Its a shame I did'nt get the chance to try the spa as
it also looked very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheShipper
JustsJ, Front Office Manager at Dome Hotel & SPA - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear TheShipper, thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that from the moment you stepped into the hotel you felt welcomed and cared about. It is always lovely to read that we have exceeded a guest’s expectations and that they enjoyed every part of their stay with us. It has to be said breakfast at our Restaurant Le Dome is the perfect way to start the day.
Our whole team hope to welcome you next time with your wife back to Dome Hotel & SPA before too long and visit our lovely SPA .