“A lovely Restaurant for New Years Eve.”
Review of Pomodoro Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Pomodoro Italian Restaurant
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely Restaurant for New Years Eve.”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My Partner and I chose Riga, and Ciros Pomodoro to spend our New years celebration in as I knew the food was excellant and the live music was our favorite band 'Keksi'. I am from London UK and my Partner is Russian. It was very difficult to book, lots of emails ,lots of phone calls, very stressful as we started early .. I wanted to obtain a confirmation so that all other arrangements could be made a simple thing but terribly difficult to do, also the payment had to be made by bank direct transfer which annoyed me as i had to visit the bank which took a lot of time (I got a parking ticket which didnt help my mood)and I had to pay a fee to the bank to do so. Iwas told by Alex who was arranging this night. could not pay by debit card which I do usually do everywhere else.
Anyway the night was fantastic , the waiter a very nice young guy was attentive and professional,the food to die for and the entertaiment great especially the music and the fireworks on the veranda overlooking the city, although very icy and dangerous but worth the risk, would definately recomend it to anyone.. but start booking early and take plenty of cash!.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank paul54_11

• Finnish first
Riga, Latvia
“Used to be the best, now below average- meh!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

It used to my place to go for a real thin Quattro Formaggi pizza, but now, due its "gem"/too hidden location and pricing they most of the times stay empty.
Lately they started to bring me pre-cooked pizza, and the last time I ordered Quattro Formaggi - I got a slice of commercially prepared doe with cheap "Krievijas" cheese on top and two canned dry black olives. Really? A good gorgonzola, fresh mozzarella became too expensive for this place I guess. What happened to the staff? I know this place was owned by an italian guy, who really knew the difference. Now his waiters do not know what is "pizza al bianco", and call espresso - eKSpresso.

• Visited February 2011
nicola172, Owner at Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for review.We are new owners of Pomodoro since march 2011,if You wrote,that it is visited february 2011.It is complicate for us to give answer about that period.
I hope,that now we have the best pizza in Riga, it is made from original italian products and pizza is thin and crispy.
BENVENUTI
Riga, Latvia
“nice cosy italian restaurant with good selection of food and wine”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

super tasty house wine and carpaccio,seafood soup and semi freddo.portions are big

“Wonderful Italian cuisinne”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

From pasta to pizzas, home made wine, the best tiramisu in Riga and espresso at the end - yammi!:)

Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant - hidden gem.”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We visited Pomodoro on our first night in Riga. What a good find. The food was excellent, service fantastic and the little extras like olives and bread were a nice touch. The house red wine was lovely and an absolute bargain at 5.50 lats for 500ml. I had the bruschetta starter and then the seafood tagliattelle which was fantastic. My partner had gnocchi which was gorgeous and then had chicken with bacon with potatoes and vegetables. The price for this including a bottle of sparkling water was 30 lats - which was the best meal we had all weekend and at a very good price. The service was very attentive and our waitress couldn't do enough for us. Go and hunt this restaurant out as it is off the main street but easy enough to find and give them the custom they deserve . Again for a Friday evening it was very quiet but we found most of Riga relatively quiet this first weekend in December, but this restaurant is a must. Lovely , thank you.

• Visited December 2011