1,275 results
All reviews building site the bus construction work small room nice hotel mini bar quiet street few minutes walk sparkling wine breakfast buffet single room the ground floor stayed for nights nice breakfast cold meats railway station excellent location
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I like to stay in decent hotels with a decent breakfast without paying over the odds. I like to strike a balance between quality and price. I would rather have the spare cash to enjoy the city than feeling like I have to watch every penny because the hotel has cost a fortune. This hotel allowed me to more than do that.
Our room was large, very clean and comfortable with a large bath and plenty of hot water. It had everything we needed - comfortable beds, safe, iron, hairdryer, umbrella, very reasonable priced mini bar, free wi if in rooms, TV (though make sure you request that Hustler channel is turned off if you have children!), extra heater - though it was not needed as the heating/air conditioning was very efficient. and a large decent bathroom. I really liked the location. It was in the old town and very close to some excellent restaurants which would appeal to all tastes. the city is small and as such all sites are within easy walking distance. Close to the market, the railway station and the bus station. Round the corner is a department store with a great, large food department store. A cinema is also within the same complex as the store and made a great option for what to do in an evening.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor with a balcony. Our room was great. Large, clean, plenty of hot water, lovely deep bath.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dustyrab
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and loved the place. It's a fairly large hotel right in the centre of the Old Town. Check in was easy and all the staff I encountered at reception, breakfast and room service were really friendly. It was cold in Riga when I stayed with snow on the ground but my hotel room was lovely and warm. There is a gym and a sauna but I didn't use these. Room facilities include a large TV, ensuite, great wifi, in room safe and mini bar. For once the mini bar showed realistic prices. Breakfast was included in my rate and it was really good. Lots of choice, hot and cold, sweet and savoury. And sparkling wine and vodka shots - a great way to start the day. I would recommend this hotel to all travelling categories.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I can say all nice things about this hotel. We came as a group of three friends, and spent most of the time just enjoying what the city has to offer. And it has a lot to offer (I highly recommend going to the opera here). The hotel itself is conveniently located within the city center. Ask for a map at the hotel desk, and the city is easy to navigate anyway. Back to the hotel - our room was spacious enough, the service was great, the staff was nice. Breakfast left no complaints. There was even champagne and vodka shots for those in the mood to start their day this way.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed three nights Jan 27-30 in a 'superior room', which was first class in every regard and extremely good value vis a vis UK prices. All staff were helpful and pleasant throughout with good English. The breakfast buffet was good with a wide choice of foodstuffs. The location could not be better for walking the Old Town, visiting the Central Markets or using the excellent tram system: in short highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior fifth floor room: well worth the extra (marginal) cost
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeeChadwick
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at Old Riga Palace for 4 nights in Jan 2013. The room was small but clean, my only 2 complaints about the room was there was no tea/coffee facilities in the room and the walls were paper thin and we constantly heard other guests and the cleaning staff. The hotel is located with a 2-3 minute walk into the heart of old town.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple