“Good food reasonably priced”

Neiburgs Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 1,178 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Neiburgs Restaurant, housed in a historical Art Nouveau building, is popular among visitors and locals who love a good dinner out. Its success is based on the combination of historical and stylish elements in the restaurant’s décor and delicious menu. The interior features lots of light and lightness; the fare is a fusion of contemporary trends and tradition for a reasonable price; the mood is set by background music soft enough not to make listening to your table-mate a hard task. The restaurant is famous for its hearty business lunch menus and excellent steaks, burgers and soups.
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We were staying at the Neibirgs hotel (see separate review), so decided to leave dinner here for our last night in Riga. Unfortunately, this coincided with a party booking for 26 people! Nevertheless, as the party was booked for 8.00pm, we booked for 7.00, and hoped to be pretty much near the end of our meal before they started.

The restaurant is lovely, with extremely unusual ceiling light fittings made from angle-poise lamps, and some interesting artwork on the walls. The staff are polite and efficient.

We started with Celeriac soup for my wife and Tiger Prawn coconut milk soup for me. Both were very tasty. My wife followed with leg of lamb and I had the loin of venison. Both were tender and tasty and the leg of lamb was quite huge! We finished with my wife having the bitter chocolate fondant and me the green apple sorbet. As guests of the hotel, we had vouchers for a complimentary glass of wine each, which was nice. And we adjourned to the library for our coffees, as the large party was then starting to get into full swing!

This was a very nice meal and, I thought, very good value. Much more so than a certain restaurant across the road where we had eaten two days earlier!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic surroundings good staff and a good range. the local spirit's tradition and style blend with a sophisticated trend feel. I love this place. thank you for being there!

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

This bright and modern restaurant has a broad selection of high quality food with some interesting choices such as ostrich. Lovely staff and great service.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Food, atmosphere and service were great. Deer burger was a bit underwhelming, however, the rest was exquisite, including the dessert. Recommended.

1  Thank Faris A
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Hi end but GREAT!! Had a great dinner forv my wife's birthday dinner. Wonderful food and wine menu. Service was fabulous. Brought my own wine and for a modest 10€ corkage they served our wine. Great evening