“ESPA = SERENITY AND LUXURY at a high level” 5 of 5 bubbles

ESPA Riga
Ranked #1 of 51 Spas & Wellness in Riga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ESPA Riga is the largest five-star spa in the Baltic and Scandinavian region, offering an exclusive five star facility with luxurious interior design finishes, warm amber tones and an architectural central feature staircase embellished with a beautiful lighting sculpture from the renowned designer Eva Menz. The six floor spa has been uniquely tailored to provide a genuinely holistic and restorative experience for each guest and member.
Riga, Latvia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“ESPA = SERENITY AND LUXURY at a high level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Had a wonderful day at ESPA. PURE LUX, PURE EXCELLENCE, PURE WELLNESS. These people know what SPA is and they do for sure know what their doing, their delivering a GREAT ESPA SPA experience.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Traveladus

• Finnish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The most uncomfortable SPA Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I had a massage at the SPA and I usually tip very well the masseuse. This is the first time in my life I refused to tip the lady. Her attitude epitomizes everything wrong with this SPA: stuck-up, unfriendly, unhappy personnel and the cherry is: incompetent. The catch is that they taught them the manners but forgot the substance. I am ok with stuck up manners as long as the lady live up to the expectation. Not here. The masseuse was a debutante, you can hear her breathing heavily, her hands going all directions...worst massage for long time. These guys are not paid lot of money and they are asking too much from them...

Moreover, It is impossible that one ranks this SPA excellent...while the facilities are new and hardly used (not so many members or customers), the above (applies at the recepetion, in the locker room, etc) makes the experience un-relaxing/uncomfortable and absolutely NOT worth the money. Someone is obvioulsy paying for these all excellent reviews...

Visited December 2011
6 Thank adrian_9r
Manchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Incredible Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have been to many spa's around the world, this is the best! Housed in it's own 6 story building, upon arrival I was greeting by discreet and refined staff who escorted me up to the 6th floor to explain the facilities before showing me to the changing rooms. Following this I enjoyed the 'Steam Pods', 'Experience Showers', sauna and 36 degree outdoor pool. This was my personal favourite, relaxing in beautifully warm water outdoors in minus 3 degree heat in the centre of Riga! I then chilled out in the relaxation room before being met by my therapist. She escorted me to the room and treated me to a wonderful back scrub and massage followed by a head and scalp massage and facial. All on a heated bed contoured to the shape of my body. Needless to say I feel asleep. Finally, following all this, I was treated to a 2 course dinner in the Spa Cafe. The food was excellent quality including the main course of Quail. I took the Just For You package at LVL65 for over 3 hours of relaxation which I feel is incredible value. Take a visit, it's the best around!

1 Thank KochamCie
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning, Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I had two treatment ("ritual") packages at ESPA Riga and they were both FANTASTIC. One was a couples treatment and I was incredibly impressed by how professional and in sync the therapists were with each other and with us. I'm not a spa-junkie, but I've visited a fair number and none of them even come close to ESPA Riga.

The pre-treatment spa area is gorgeous: beautiful fireplace surrounded by sofas and tea and snacks, male/female only relaxation beds with headphones and reading lamps, sauna and steam "pods" with space for only a few people at a time so it feels exclusive even with other people around. Rain showers, an outdoor pool with water jets (in December it was therapeutic to just sit and watch the steam rise from the pool), and a really wonderful cafe (we had a delicious quail lunch on our last day and wished we had discovered the cafe earlier in our stay!). The changing rooms are luxurious, and the staff perfect.

The prices are high (as in double) compared to other spas in Riga, but I definitely plan on returning, and wouldn't consider for a second trying out another spa. This is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned!

The only two things I would change are: the pool could be warmer, at least in the winter. And the showers in the changing rooms were a bit smelly, like maybe they have a general plumbing problem. In contrast, the showers in the treatment rooms are beautiful.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Celina T
Trondheim, Norway
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice and relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I went to Riga this August and decided to visit the ESPA. We were happy to find this place as nice as we hoped it would be. Proffessional staff greating us at the frontdesk, showing us around before we spent an hour in different saunas and a pool with an open roof an viev of the blue sky. Afterwards we relaxed a bit before we each got a wonderful massage. The place is highly reccomended! Enjoy it!

Visited August 2011