“Great place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Funky Hostel and Apartments
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my friend, we were based in double. Room was great, cosy, clean, warm and inside was really silent and calm - so good place to get rest.
The hostel is located very well, 15 min form the very CIty Centre. Inside was really nice kitchen with brekfeasts served, two bathrooms with shower and great living room. All interior is clean, very cosy, but not too kitch.
Although place itself is really nice, the greatest advantage of it place was Eve, our host-lady. She showed us every worth-to-see places, nice clubs and pubs, get some advices about the city and how to move from side to side. And as a very warm-hearted person, she always had something interesting to say, was very open-minden, so from the very first second I didn't feel like in hostel, but more like in my friends' house.

i strongly reccomend all of you this place!

Good job Eve, keep going!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Stasiek B

Reviewed 28 February 2014

You can't ask more of an hostel. Very clean and tidy, very welcoming staff woman, right in the centre, good price, nice communal room with TV, phone, books and games. I didn't use the shower but it seemed great. Automatic lights in corridors and bathrooms, which is cool and saves electricity.
Only problem is that you have to walk 4 floors, but I'm young and the staff lady can help we language.

Room Tip: You get more than you pay for, so don't be rude and respect others.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tal R
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Would 100% recommend this place. It's not a party hostel, as they say in their description, so you can get a great night's sleep. The atmosphere is homely and relaxed - they have a comfortable living room where you can play board games or watch TV and a kitchen with free tea and coffee all day. You can also help yourself to free breakfast until 12 (although we kept waking up late and the staff were very gracious letting us eat later). We were also allowed to stay in our room much later than the advertised check-out time of 12. It's nice and clean and although the location is not as central as some of the other hostels, it's only a short walk from the centre and much quieter at night because of this. Staff are super friendly and will give you any advice you need - thanks Eve for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess R
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at the Funky Hostel for 2 nights in early February 2014. I was very impressed, and it was an incredible value for the price. Not technically in Old Town Riga, but just about a 10 minute walk, which really is no problem.

Eve is an excellent host, and I had no problem finding the place with her clear directions that she provided for me. It was like staying in someone's large apartment in Riga! Definitely not like any other hostel I've stayed at.

There are a couple of different options, but I opted for the dorm bed option. The bed was comfortable, and I was able to lock my bag and belongings in a locker provided for me (including the lock).

The place is very clean. The bathroom was spacious and nice; the shower was great!

The rate came with a basic breakfast, which was very basic, but for the price, I really cannot complain! Things in Riga are cheap anyway, so you could easily walk down the street and find a nice, cheap place or coffee shop.

Eve provided great recommendations for food and fun, and it was extremely useful for me.

Overall, a fantastic stay for an amazing value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed in the funky hostel apartments with a stag party. It was nice and warm with plenty of comfortable beds, great facilities including a huge tv and a great stereo which you can easily play your own music through, also had a lovely warm shower.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights in Funky Hostel. It is in a superb location (about 10-15 mins walk from all the main things to see). We were given a brilliant welcome, along with some great recommendations for where to eat what to see etc. The room was clean and most importantly very warm (it was -10 outside) and a basic breakfast was also included. The atmosphere of the hostel was very relaxed and everyone is made to feel at home. For the cost, I have never stayed anywhere better. Fully recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S_452014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed with. As soon as I arrived, the lovely Eve sat with me, pulled out a map of Riga and began circling all the bests bits of Riga for me. Amazing service and Eve was always up for a chat. The room was clean and comfortable, the showers were decent and wifi was relatively speedy. The hostel is pretty central, very easy to get around the city from there and super close to the beer spa! Thanks again, Eve - it was a blast :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo