“the best (literally the best) Hotel in Riga”
Review of Neiburgs Hotel

Neiburgs Hotel
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Istanbul, Turkey
“the best (literally the best) Hotel in Riga”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have been visiting Riga in countless business occassions since 2008. I stayed in various hotels (ranking by dislike-like) Radisson Daugava(oldest rooms, nothing around), Bergs (staff didn't care if you stay or you don't), Radisson Ridzene (previously Reval Hotel Ridzene). On my visit the one before last, I booked a room in Radisson daugava, but because the Internet Connection was not available, I called Neiburgs Hotel, I asked for a smoking room, it was available, and I told the guy that ı am coming. When I arrived there (10 mins later) the room was ready, and I checked in in 1 minute. The location of the hotel is at the heart of Riga, everywhere reachable within walking distance in old town. The Room is spacious, modern design, perfect bed, a small but useful Kitchenette, free coffee and tea. The Room Service is quite Ok, with acceptable prices. the next morning I had also breakfast. the breakfast restaurant is a small one, but come on, what can you eat on breakfast? they have everything. A Month later, I sent the hotel an E-Mail to book a room, they replied immediately, and they remembered me from the name, and they have assigned the same room at my convenience. When I arrived, I found out that the previous guest has prolonged his(her?) visit, and therefore the Hotel has given me a suite room for the same rate. Believe it or not, that was very surprising, and nice of them. that stay was also not less than perfect I must admit. this hotel is worth staying, worth the money, and all staff as well as management deserve a fully loaded hotel. I definetely will stay in this hotel again when I visit Riga.

Room Tip: be spesific about your needs
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mvolkaneser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
den bosch
Reviewed 29 November 2011

What a nice surprise this small design hotel and the city Riga was. It is in the middle of the old town and most of the attractions you can do by walking. Very big plus is the kitchenette in the spacious room, with microwaive and refrigerator. Good buffetbreakfast and also the a la carte restaurant in the evening is good. Book a two level appartement If you are with 3 persons or with childeren (with 2 toilets,kitchenette, 2 tv sets)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Leeds
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Both Riga and the hotel were great. We had wondered for years about trying to visit Riga, to see the architecture, so when a direct flight started from LBA we seized the chance. As a treat we booked the hotel shuttle to meet us at the airport. The hotel could not be faulted in any way. We had a wonderful room on the fifth floor so we could see out over the old buildings, and for fun we could watch the workers putting the new copper roof on the Cathedral !
Everything we wanted was within walking distance from the hotel. Riga seems to have everything....so many coffee shops, restaurants. Museums, gift shops, modern shopping malls ....and the architecture of course. We had read dire warnings about getting ripped off by taxi drivers so we were well pleased when asking the hotel reception to book us a taxi back to the Airport, that they could sell us a prepaid voucher for the trip. This was 9Lats when the suggested fare was 10Lats......good journey, pleasant courteous driver. Airport hasle free, good facilites but very busy with lots of workers returning to work in the west, after the weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ikeaman
South Florida, USA
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is conveniently located to sites, restaurants, shops and public transportation. Our room was large with a nice view. The restaurant hotel restaurant is excellent. The breakfast buffet is average; however, we were pleasantly surprised with dinner. We order room service as our child (12 months) was not up for the dine in experience.

Overall, this hotel as well as Riga far exceeded my expectations. I look forward to visiting Riga again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Found the hotel on the internet and called the hotel direct. The front desk was most
helpful and gave us (myself and two adult daughters) a great room with 2 bathrooms.
Hotel is well situated, near restaurants and within walking distance of many sights.
We also hired a guide and driver for a complete day to show us Riga and tell us its history.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what you want in a room when booking one.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 November 2011

On our trip to Europe we traveled to Switzerland, Sweden and Latvia. This was the best hotel on our trip by far. Interiors are just beautiful. The breakfast is the best we had in any hotel anywhere! It is the place to stay in Rīga. The restaurant is exquisite and delicious.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vucyns
Utrecht
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Good location in the old city. Good restaurant. The rooms are nice and have a lot of spacious.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple