Neiburgs Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsart nouveau hotelgreat hotelsenior suiteold townstudio apartmentsmall kitchenettekitchen areastylish hotelrooms are spacioussauna and steam roomsitting roomperfect locationdome cathedralbreakfast buffethighly recommend this hotelquiet streetpublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is a very good hotel, located in the old town of RIga. The rooms are spacious for european standards and the prices are great. i would say value for money. Breakfast was Superb! We stayed a year ago, and until now, i still cannot forget the smoked salmon included in the breakfast buffet.

We had no problems with the hotel. And i would highly recommend you stay in this area if you are in Riga for touristic reasons! I wont be coming back anytime soon, but if i were to come back or to recommend a hotel to families / couples who are in Riga for a Holiday, this hotel would be it!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank retsckor
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in Sept. Great location in the Old Town. Spacious deluxe corner studio, king size bed, with sitting area and kitchenette with microwave and dishes for carry-in. Small table and chairs. Nice décor. Well designed bathroom with magnifying mirror, and plenty of space to spread out/store toiletries and dop kit items. Good lighting. All the usual amenities—robe, etc. Nice breakfast buffet and attentive restaurant staff. Also ate dinner here which was VERY good, and fairly priced. HOWEVER, in spite of double (or triple) glazed windows we were awakened and kept awake each night between midnight and 4am by the pulsating sound of a disco and/or bicycle cab with boom box. (We live in a large city and are use to city noise, but not this intense). When we complained the staff said there is nothing they could do about it. The front desk staff also needs more training and/or more people and/or a better sense of service and urgency. When we asked about tours we were told the tourist office would know better than they. When our safe got stuck as we were checking out trying to catch the Lux Bus we were told, “ I can’t do it until 11 because I am the only one here however we did get it open.”

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room where you won't here the outside noise during the night
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank photoworld
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The Neiburgs Hotel in Riga was an unexpected gem. Yes, the reviews were great and the city is full of charm, but we were delighted by the huge and beautifully-decorated room, top-notch service (a helpful porter who parked our car for us before the rental agency picked it up), and wonderful restaurant. We saw but didn't partake in the sauna/spa, although it looked nice; but we did wander around the huge hotel room, wondering what stories it once told. My wife and I (in our 40s) were traveling with her parents (70s, and just as active as we are). All are photographers, and the mixed weather in late June only made our photos better. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NRoePDX
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel in November of 2011, whilst I was on business in Riga, Latvia. Perfectly positioned, if you are intending to explore the old city in Riga, which I would recommend. The room was quite big, very clean and very comfortable. The food was of a very good standard, including the morning breakfasts. The staff were courteous and helpful. I enjoyed my hotel experience very much at hotel Neiburgs and would definitely consider staying at this hotel again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bazza-Ruto
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed in three different hotels in Riga during a recent stay (including the Bergs). The Neiburgs was the best, and a great value, too. The building itself is beautiful, with a well-known Art Nouveau face to greet you above the front door. (Tourists often stopped by the front of the building to take pictures.) The lobby and restaurant that greet you upon entry are nice, modern, with very cool oversized lamps in a sitting room. The front desk people are quite helpful. Latvians seem to be more reserved than many cultures, but they were certainly friendly and nice here. I know a little Latvian, so they obliged me in my attempts to speak Latvian, which I appreciated. But they were totally proficient in English, as well. They were also helpful in explaining some things to see in Riga. The room I got was amazing--I don't know if it was an upgrade or not, but it was more like an apartment, than a room. It had an incredible view of the Dome Cathedral and nice old buildings right across the street. Wow. Very nicely laid out, with first class features throughout (nice wooden and stained glass doors, kitchenette, modern bathroom fixtures, spacious bathroom, cool artwork, etc.) I have traveled throughout Europe, and I usually don't go too cheap on the hotels...I have never had a better room than this one (at about half of the cost of what I would pay in some other European cities). The location of the hotel is perfect--in Old Riga, a little bit set off from the bigger streets. There is sometimes a bit of noise from clubs down the street on the weekends, but it's not bad. This place is great, because you walk about a hundred feet down the old cobblestone streets, and you're right in the middle of things in bustling Old Riga. But you still feel kind of tucked away from the action, being on this nice little street. The buffet breakfast in the morning is quite good, too. Riga rocks, and I couldn't think of a better place to stay than here. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I had a nice view--I could see Hotel Justus and the Dome Cathedral from my room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends