“Very good value for money”
Review of Neiburgs Hotel

Neiburgs Hotel
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Riga
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We hired a suite and we really enjoyed our stay. I would warmly recommend that hotel for a lot of reasons: great location, free wifi, friendly service (not a given in the Baltic countries) and all the other aspects that have been described in length on this website.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mobida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Much has been said about the positive aspects of the hotel and I will not repeat them here. I can say they are true. However, as a business traveler, I always find a hotel with good bandwidth and free wireless to be a true gem. The other issue I often find is a lack of convenient electrical outlets. Most business travelers and families need multiple outlets for their electronic gadgetry. For me, I generally had 3 devices plugged in every night. The convenience of a refrigerator, microwave, and plates/utensils was also a plus. I don't like eating all of my meals at restaurants and so having these available to me allowed me to grocery shop and have a few meals in my room. This is also a great savings for families. They also washed my dirty dishes. A very positive stay and except for late night revelers outside on the streets it was near perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room not facing the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scalarnet
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have loved our experience here. Our hotel is the size of a small apartment with a kitchenette. The bathroom is spacious and updated. Also we have a setting area with a large living area and a nice sized flat screen TV. Our hotel is easily one of the most beautiful buildings in old Riga. Breakfast is fantastic. Only down side is that the maid did not come to clean the room until after 5 pm even though we were out of the room all day and she came while I was napping prior to dinner. All and all I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
milpitasca
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I treated myself to 2 nights in this beautiful hotel. Everything was perfect - service, staff, room, A/C, location, breakfast, church bells ringing, and dinner in their restaurant. I had absolutely no outside noise, except for pleasant church bells ringing. The bathtub (more or less a modern version of a claw foot) was very steep to get in and out of. I was extra, extra careful when using it. If you have a mobility problem - this could be an issue. The breakfast buffet had a nice array of cheeses and cold meats, salads, fresh fruits and juices, crepes, scrambled eggs, yogurt, breads and pastries, and sausages. They gladly made me omellettes both mornings with goat cheese, spinach, and fresh mushrooms. I ate dinner there the first evening and had a delicious duck dish, sides, and a Spanish Temprinillo. I had so much food that I asked for the left-overs to be boxed up. Normally, one cannot do this while in a hotel, but the room had a microwave, refrigerator, table and chairs, and dishes and glassware (but no silverware! - no problem, as room service delivered it). Dinner was rather expensive at approximately $60 US for one person, including the bottle of wine. But, I got 2 nights out of it - so it really was only $30US!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Mililani Town, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Outstanding Art Nouveau architecture. Our room was very nice, contemporary, and spacious with a gorgeous bathroom. We had a great view of Jauniela and Dom. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. I would say they have excellent customer service. And. They could tell us where sites were, where to purchase a cell phone, etc, offered to get cabs for us, coffee the morning when we were leaving, even though the breakfast hours had not yet started.

The buffet style breakfast was a more European type of breakfast. My diabetic husband had no trouble finding things to eat, and this was a major concern of his.

Kitchenette was not fully equipped in that there were no pans to cook with or cooking utensils. However, if we asked, I am sure that they would have been provided. Vecriga (Old town Riga) can be very noisy on weekend nights, but that is not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 13 September 2013

It's quite a visual place when you approach the hotel and it's just as interesting inside. The staff was great and always willing to help out, even with taking pictures outside the place. The staff wasn't really bubbly, but I don't need that in a hotel. Rooms were modern and also clean. People on here will talk about how the hotel is loud, but we visited during what I would consider to be the loudest time of the year, Ligo, and we didn't hear a thing. When we go back to Riga, we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Love the location which is a stone throw to Riga Cathedral & the old town. The hotel is quiet enough though it is very close to the cares and restaurants.

The hotel is very comfortable. Nice fittings but very fashionably blended. Like the little kitchenette in our room for hot water to make tea & coffee. Overall the couloirs were subdued in the greyish-blue which works.

There is a steam & sauna in the basement for your private use with a prebooking. Nice pick me up after exploring the Old Town.

The staff are friendly & helpful and knows Riga well. I would highly recommend this hotel for its location.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple