“very nice and modern hotel”
Review of Tallink Hotel Riga

Tallink Hotel Riga
Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I just recently stayed in a hotel I had only dined before.
It is a very new hotel and it really is very nice. It's very trendy in design but still cosy. The room (standard double) is not too big but just enough if you don't spend your days in it.
They also have a garage in a basement for which your car has to take an elevator. It's not too convinent to use but really good thing to have as it's very difficult to find parking place on the neighberhood streets.

The inside of the room is just as trendy as the lobby and contains everything you need. The bed was also very good, not too soft, not too hard either.

The service was good and the breakfast was excellent as well as the a la carte dinner.

The location is also good - few minutes walk to both central railway station and Old City.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 September 2011

Have stayed in this hotel a few times and been relatively happy with it earlier - as you can see in my previous review. However it seems that the size of the rooms and especially beds vary quite a bit.

I've always reserved a double room in this hotel, whether I've stayed alone or not. On the previous stays the double has been of varying but adequate size - and always with a queen size bed. This time they gave me one with a ~100cm bed (room 626). I thought this was a mistake and they gave me a single by mistake. In response they showed me a tiny room with a 80cm bed and told me this is what their singles are like and what I've got was a double actually..

So just to let you know - if you reserve a double room in Tallink hotels you may get a room with a "double" bed with rather intimate proportions...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I’m not sure if I liked the very dark appearance of the corridors and the room or but everything was clean, modern and comfortable. I had booked both flight and hotel via Air Baltic but when I arrived they couldn’t find my reservation. Luckily I had printed out the voucher and after several phone calls by the receptionist I got a room. Besides that everything was fine. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable so I slept like a baby. The breakfast good though a bit crowded.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed in hostels for most of the trip, but decided to splurge on a big room (125€) for the last night in Riga. The room was nice, one of the nicer I have stayed in. I do how ever have some complaints. The sink was loose, three of the lights in the room did not work. The electrical sockets beside the beds where not working, and the IP-TV system failed. The following morning when I re-booted the tv I saw the reservation of someone else.

The staff did not correctly know the way to the bus stop for the airport bus, even tough it was around the corner on the other side of the train station.

The breakfast was good, and we also took the opportunity to go to the sauna and jacuzzi for free in the morning.

A good location, but not the best in town if you intend on spending most of you time in old town.

Have never met a more happy cleaning staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed with a friend for 1 night only in this practical and comfortable hotel. Everything works fine. I was not fond of the very dark colours of the walls and the whole interior design.
The hotel is quite recent and very clean. What we liked best was its excellent situation within walking distance of the Old Town and the Art Nouveau parts of the city. And also the great breakfast in form of a huge buffet where you could find everything you can imagine for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Old Riga, Centre Riga and Central Station is in easy walking distance. Room decor has a Vow factor, although small but well equipped. Staff efficient and helpful. Parking to be booked with the room. Breakfast very good variety.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csibi
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The reception and check in desk was wonderful as were the young men who helped us with our car and luggage. The room was clean and neat with a wonderful shower. This hotel is in a great location near the old town. Since it seems to serve very large tour groups, my only slightly negative comment would be the "industrial" type breakfast. Just a lot of filling food for a large number of people.I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends