“Have to do!”
Review of Sefpavars Vilhelms

Sefpavars Vilhelms
Ranked #112 of 1,051 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Eastern European
Description: Offers pancakes in different forms (with sweet fillings or meat, cheese etc.fillings)
Reviewed 31 July 2014

So you walk pass this little place and admire the statue outside, thinking mmm let me try. They serve pancakes! Boy oh boy, this is so worth a visit in Riga. I promise you for the price you pay (which very cheap by the way) you can have the best pancakes with different fillings! Meat, creamcheese, caramel, banana......Even the cappuccino is a must! For less than 5 euro you can have like 3 different pancakes and a drink!!Don't leave Riga without visiting this little gem!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a small, cafeteria style restaurant in the middle of old Rīga. Their specialty is pancakes, by which they mean the thin, eggy ones, like crepes. You can get them with various things wrapped inside, from meat to mushrooms to bananas; or, you can get a plain one and put some jam or other stuff in it. Prices are way lower than all the surrounding restaurants, I guess because this place has no pretensions. We had breakfast there every morning (a big money saver) but could also have had a great lunch and even dinner (especially on the potato pancakes; super). So, if you don't require glitz and thrive on regular, hearty food, this is the place.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As many other reviewers said, this is "the" place for pancakes (obs: they are crepes).
I had just arrived from the US this morning, through Copenhaggen, and was starving. Didn't know where to go (definitely not pizza, definitely not McDonalds, definitely not TGIF, plus it is Monday). Stumbled on "pankukas" and thought to myself: this may be something weird - let me check it out. Sure enough, most of the stuff is in Latvian or maybe Russian (I don't know), but there are some words - in English - one can easily understand (cheese, banana, meat, apple!) - so good enough for me. I followed a girl who seemed to know what she was doing. Self-service pancakes that was. For Americans, these would be called crepes. They are served either by themselves (and you can select which jam you want, and how much) or filled with say cheese, meat, mushrooms, etc. The locals eat them with sourcream, so I followed the girl and put some of it on (I had never had crepes with sourcream before). Then the girls gets something called peins (I think that is milk), but they ran out, so I took the other thing... kefirs. Total price: US$4. The crepes were awesome. The sourcream by itself was delicious and was perfect with the crepes. I will most definitely put on a couple of pounds in the next days... this is one block away from my hotel! OMG that sourcream. I hope the kefir is healthy and that it saves me from going to fat-hell.
I don't know how to order the soups or the salads so I'll stick to the crepes!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is very cheap and low key but ,in my opinion, serves the best pancakes in the city. There is a selection of flavours to please everyone. My favourite : pancakes with cheese and my husband likes flat pancakes with apples.
This place stayed 'a local knowledge' for some time and I guess it's time to share :-)

1  Thank AnaG2011
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Prices are very low in comparison to other places in Old town. Good choice of pancakes, some other options as well - soup and salad. Atmosphere, in my opinion, has actually improved from when we were there like 6 months ago, or maybe it was the fact that this time it was not as full, and we got a better seat. Service was alright, don't expect much from that. I would not say that those were the most amazing pancakes ever, but one of the best places for what you get for the price you pay, and actually eating good food.