“Cozy environment, delcious Latvian cuisine”
Review of Piejura

Piejura
Ranked #42 of 972 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Latvian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Rockport, Texas
“Cozy environment, delcious Latvian cuisine”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We enjoyed our meal and cozy atmosphere here.Plan on eating early as you will have a better chance of getting a table. Our first try, we were turned away due to no available tables. So we came back the next night earlier. Thank you to the honest staff. I left my small purse on the floor next to my chair with my passport and credit cards. Luckily, the next morning, I went back and it was there untouched. I would go back there just for that reason alone!

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Canada
“Stopped by chance, will return by design”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

In a nutshell: good food, good service, good ambiance.

Highlight of our delicious meal came last. Don't be put off by the descriptions of desserts containing black rye bread. The Bread Soup (like her grandmother made, said our waitress) alone is worth a second visit. The tiramisu-style layered pudding with rye bread as a main component was every bit as delicious. It sometimes pays to get out of one's comfort zone - this is one of those times.

Visited May 2014
“Warm, friendly service and great food!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Definitely will recommend to friends. Value for money. Friendly and helpful staff who was ready to help, and always with a smile.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Mediocre food and grumpy waitresses”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

First of all, the ambiance of the restaurant is pretty cool, since it looks like a boat. My friends and I were sitting in this great corner in the back of the restaurant, which was really nice. However, the waitresses were very grumpy and grouchy, simply not responding the moment we said something, and after one of them brought our food we didn't see them anymore until we had to go over to the bar to ask for the check. One of us had to pay by card, which was only accepted after a lot of sighing and rolling-with-the-eyes. My friend had to pay 16 euros, but the waitress kept saying 60? 60? And charged him 60 and didn't apologize while she was giving him back his restitution in cash, which was obviously very inconvenient.

The grilled vegetables I ordered were good, the sausage I ate was however dry and not full of taste. We were surprised this restaurant had a Tripadvisor certificate of excellence.

1 Thank Cornelia D
California
“Small, great service, delicious! Try the T”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I happened into Piejura and had a lovely meal with wonderful service at reasonable prices. I had the cold beet soup (borchst to me :~) was delicious ... I had the meat filled dumplings.. very good... My husband had delicious potato pancakes... YUM... The restaurant is quite small (less than 10 tables), but there are two "sister" restaurants on either side that are equally good. Be sure to save a bit of room for the traditional Latvia dessert, it is a drink called "Tuuliku Kama" which is kefir and a flour mixture with berries... sort of like a smoothie, but soooooo good!! don't miss it..

1 Thank savvytravelerCal