“Great place for tasty, cheap food”

Folkklubs Ala Pagrabs
Ranked #13 of 1,094 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Folkklubs ALA Pagrabs - Traditional Latvian Folk Club with the largest selection (27 beers!) Of only local beer on tap, modern-traditional cusine and live music and concerts 6 nights a week, as well as folk dancing on wednesdays. Traditional and local atmosphere and culture! Peldu iela 19, Old Town Riga, Latvija, LV-1050
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm so glad my friends and I stopped here for dinner. I ordered the potato pancakes and a skillet dish that was kind of a stew covered in goat cheese. Both of these were amazing, and the bill was extremely reasonable--I think it was around 8 euro for everything. The atmosphere was quite relaxed, but those with a hearing problem may find eating here as it was quite a "loud" place. If in Riga again, I will definitely go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,592)

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I just visited at a weekday night for few drinks (actually it was supposed to be few!) Great vibrant atmosphere with lots of young locals enjoying the night out. Strongly recommended for drinks after 11pm...

Reviewed 31 July 2014

A nice selection of beer. Their English was great. Nothing really negative at all. Interior was really cool.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We popped in on our first night in Riga in search of a friend of a friend who occasionally works there. We didn't find him, but we found a huge cavernous place with excellent beer, some interesting and very dry fruit wines and friendly service. We tried the smoked salmon and potato cakes and the famous 1kg pork knuckle, both of which were very good.

1  Thank ctrunfree
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice food. Huge portions! Service slow but beer nice and cold. Put a kiwi in charge they will rock!!!

1  Thank Flaxton