“FABULOUS”

Ranked #8 of 1,018 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Folkklubs ALA Pagrabs - Traditional Latvian Folk Club with the largest selection (27 beers!) Of only local beer on tap, modern-traditional cusine and live music and concerts 6 nights a week, as well as folk dancing on wednesdays. Traditional and local atmosphere and culture! Peldu iela 19, Old Town Riga, Latvija, LV-1050
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Going down the steps into this underground cavern is a bit scary but SO worth it. The food was delicious. The portions were certainly man size. Value for money was excellent. Beer range was amazing. The whole place had atmosphere. Top of my list of restaurants to return to in Riga

2  Thank Carol K
There are newer reviews for Folkklubs Ala Pagrabs

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

typical eastern european tavern located underground with classic furniture and surroundings. The service was fast and friendly but if you go there a bit late you may not find all the dishes of the menu. Huge portions, typical eadtern european cuisine, fat, meaty and full of various goodies (cheese, bacon, peas, carrots and sourcrout). The final surprise wad the bill. Cheap!!! Value for money!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Smiltenes, Smiltenes.. Where art thou Smiltenes? I wish I could find that wonderful wine here in India. After looking for this place for around an hour, we finally stumbled upon it and happily glided down the stairs. The staff was so friendly and hospitable and the decor of the restaurant was mesmerizing. I LOVED the food. Me being an extremely picky eater, that's huge coming for my side. The value for food was reasonable and again, I regret not smuggling myself some Smiltenes back to India. *sighs*

1  Thank Vindhya96
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm so glad my friends and I stopped here for dinner. I ordered the potato pancakes and a skillet dish that was kind of a stew covered in goat cheese. Both of these were amazing, and the bill was extremely reasonable--I think it was around 8 euro for everything. The atmosphere was quite relaxed, but those with a hearing problem may find eating here as it was quite a "loud" place. If in Riga again, I will definitely go back!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I just visited at a weekday night for few drinks (actually it was supposed to be few!) Great vibrant atmosphere with lots of young locals enjoying the night out. Strongly recommended for drinks after 11pm...