“Had a great evening here - tasty steak, good music and friendly atmosphere.”
Review of Steiku Haoss

Steiku Haoss
Ranked #493 of 972 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$17 - US$56
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steak is our passion, and we know what that entails. Our guests may see what we can do with our skillful hands, but actually, it all starts long before that: with select beef suppliers and perfectly timed aging - the two conditions that must be met to attain results worthy of the highest compliments on tenderness and juiciness. This is why we only employ suppliers that know where to get the best beef raised in Argentina, the USA, Scandinavia and Southern Europe. They say that if you want to make a good steak, you first have to make friends with a good butcher. We've gone one step further - by creating our own meat workshop - your guarantee of finding unwaveringly high quality cuts and marinades in all three Steiku Haoss restaurants. With steak, it's important to not complicate things. Which is why on our menu, we stick to the classics, and refrain from using exotic sauces and marinades that may mask the true flavor of the meat. Of the 17 different steak dishes listed on our menu, any one could stand alone as a featured item - whether it be the naturally strong-flavoured Argentinian bife de chorizo, our beef loin matured in olive oil, or the lean, yet succulent, fillet mignon. We offer a wide variety of takes on the basics, such as shank of lamb in mint, venison tenderloin, pork ribs and salmon steaks - all prepared on the grill. Next year will mark our ten-year anniversary, a period in which Steiku Haoss - Riga's trailblazer in the aesthetics and cuisine of the Wild West - has expanded into three restaurants. During these years, our chefs have interned at Copenhagen's Noma (rated as the world's best restaurant for three years in a row), bringing new dimensions to Steiku Haoss: the appetizers, soups, salads and condiments have become more refined, the desserts - ever more enticing, and the wine list - decidedly selective.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Had a great evening here - tasty steak, good music and friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was frankly surprised by the low rating of this restaurant - I thought it was really good! Food excellent, live music great, service fine and plenty of time to watch the world go by.

The same company seems to have 3 outlets in Riga - I happened upon this one just walking around the old city - being drawn initially by the country music emanating from inside. On that occasion I just had soup - which was good - but I booked for the following evening when the live band was on.

I spent pretty much the whole evening there - eating and drinking slowly while listening to the excellent band and watching tables fill and empty! A gulasch soup to start - followed by a flaming steak with fries and onion rings and a few Aldaris beers to quench the thirst - finished off with a cappuccino - were just what I was looking for. 60 euros didn't strike me as bad but I guess there might be cheaper places around in Riga.

I thought the service was fine - friendly and efficient enough - and I was more than happy sitting there watching the people come and go and the folks walking by in the adjacent streets. So, yes, I had a good time there - thanks to the folks at Steiku Haoss.

• Visited May 2014
Linda D, Public Relations Manager at Steiku Haoss, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for the reference! We are glad to hear so many good words!
Writing this reply, I remember your visit! I was sitting near the main restaurant entrance next to the place where the band was performing live!
It will truly be an honour to see you again at our restaurant next time!

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kouvola, Southern Finland, Finland
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Cosy restaurant and very good service. Quite expensive place but we got all we expected; good food and atmosphere :)

• Visited April 2014
Linda D, Public Relations Manager at Steiku Haoss, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words, it is always a pleasure to strive for better! We will be looking forward to seeing you here again!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, small portions.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Passed this restaurant on our first night in Riga and it looked really appealing. The menu looked varied and even though the mains were more expensive than other restaurants we went in. I can't complain about the quality of food but I can complain about the portion sizes! Tiny! We left the restaurant hungry! Not worth the money.

• Visited January 2014
Linda D, Public Relations Manager at Steiku Haoss, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for visiting our restaurant. We are pleased you were satisfied with the quality of our food. We apologise if the size of the dishes did not seem relevant to the price to you. We have started working with our new menu. We are glad to hear all opinions about the dishes in order to be able to improve them and satisfy our guests.
Helsinki, Finland
“Overpriced average food”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Visited with 10 people which is not always easy to serve. But the waitress did really good. The service was very friendly and we did not need to wait food for too long.

Then the negative part: the steak I had was only ok, giving 3 points out of 5. In my opinion, with that pricing you should get better. Red wines by the glass were not good. I tasted three of them and didn't find a good one. Perhaps you can find better in bottles but the others wanted to go with beer.

Conclusion: only overpriced average

Visited January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We are glad to hear the client’s opinion about the meal right away so we may improve the taste of the meal by offering, for example, our home-made sauces. We highly value the appreciation of our customers at all times; it motivates us to perfect and grow. We will continue our development and improve our activities so as to make your meal excellent next time.
Oslo
“Stay clear of the coctails..”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Did not eat but we sat down for a couple of drinks since the location in the old town is nice and cosy. But the drinks tasted moonshine...

Visited August 2013