All reviews freedom monument top floor great location breakfast hall old town hotel lobby nice hotel restaurants and shops breakfast room quality hotel central location rooms are large walking distance opera house every morning business trip lamia
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night as I was on a business trip when I arrived no bell boy helped me with luggage
Breakfast was below average
Last but not least I left gifts in the room then I called next day to check if I can send someone to collect I was shocked to hear nothing was found which simply means housekeeping took it thinking that no one will ask for their forgotten things this was disappointing for me and I don't think that is acceptable for a reputable hotel

Basically if anything will be lost in this hotel it will never be found

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Magdy S
Reviewed 18 September 2018

The pros: Hotel staff very helpful and friendly, suites very spacious, and amazing views of Freedom Monument, Opera house, and old Riga from the top floor. Breakfast was amazing, was there many days and saw the breakfast room moderate to overflowing and the staff handled it like true professionals... A great art display on the 5th floor for lovers of fine Baltic art, Room service was also fast and efficient. The bar has food and drink specials every Thursday with local musicians, well worth a look.
The cons: Although the interior of the hotel and bar is prestigeous and impresive the outside bar needs a tidy up, having said that my experience at the hotel was outstanding and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

This is a typical grand hotel that had lost its splendor and was brought back to the modern era. Located at a very strategical point in the middle of Riga. The rooms have a great view onto the river and city. Reception was friendly and courteous. Breakfast is on 7th floor with a great city view. Breakfast is unremarkable and consists of the usual staple. My room the corner suite at the 3rd level was grand. It contains a pressing machine for your clothes. Bathroom was fine

A few minuses
The rooms are pretty basic against current standards. A fridge is there but coffee / teamaker not. Some of the soccer outlets did not provide electricity. The muzak in the breakfast room represents really a poor choice

Plus
Wifi is just great and speedy.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

First, the location is awesome. You are right by the Laima Clock, down the street from the Freedom Monument, which means, should you ever get lost, you can orient easily and every cabbie in the town will get you there safely.

Second, the location. Seriously, you are right in the heart of the town, a stone's throw from Old Riga and in the downtown. Great food, of various types and cultures is all around you, as are bars (of all kinds).

Third, the price. I got a great rate and I loved it.

Fourth, customer service is awesome. Folks, if you are an American, you probably take that sort of thing for granted, don't. I've been to some horror-shows in Sweden, so I know customer service is not default in this part of the world.

Fifth, the taxis are lined up outside at all hours. I had an early flight, there was a guy there. I had to make a day trip, there was a guy there.

Sixth, location. No, seriously, it needs to be said thrice, this is the best location if you plan on walking about, or if you want to grab a tram or trolley, there is a station a block down (I think, blocks vary by size in the old world).

Room tip: Ask where the window is facing. As during the Summer, daylight last until 11 PM and so will the drinking and merry-making outside.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2018

At the corner of the main square. Near the picturesque park with a nice river channel. Walking distance to the main tourists sightseeing as well as to the business area. Good rooms. Quiet place. Entrance to the one of the most tasty restaurant direct from the hotel lobby.