“Nice place”
Review of Slavu - CLOSED

Slavu
Cuisines: Russian
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my meal here, had pelmini in chicken broth followed by chicken minister. If you want good honest Russian food then this is the place to go.

Good selection of fish dishes also, on some evenings there is a violin player which creates a great atmosphere.

1  Thank travelhogguru

Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Great and generous russian cuisine. Best harring west from Moscow. Very good, rapid and english speaking team. We have got a great diner there.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Even though the restaurant is located in the middle of old town you get a feeling of an authentic russian restaurant and not the usual overly tourist style. Menus have plenty of choices and staff seems good in helping you out if youre not familiar with russian cuisine. staff is also attentative which is not that common in riga.

Prices range from a few lvl up to around 15 for the most expensive main course. In other words, you can get a nice 3 course dinner for less than 20 lvl.

If its your first time exploring russian food i would definitely recommend blini (pancakes) and a standard beef stroganof. I will for sure return to Slavu in the future.

2  Thank Kimlean0
Reviewed 3 December 2011

During our city trip to Riga, as as we never went to Russia, we wanted to try the russian cuisine for dinner. We found this restaurant in the hotel leaflet. The Slavu is situated in the city centre. The dinning room is ok, but nothing special. As I didn't have any idea, I asked the waitress for some recommendation. The answer was over my expectations. I had a tasty bortsch and a lamb stew (under a bread crust). Great and exotic for me. She recommended me also a horse raddish vodka..... Special and very strong, but one has to try! The dinner was quite unexpensive for the quality ans the quantity... I recommend !

2  Thank JY59
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Slavu (Slavic) restaurant is located in the very middle of the city, on Valnu street, near hotel Riga and right near the amber street market. The menu is extensive, you can order typical Russian meals, like borshch or shchi and pancakes with caviar, or more European ones, like steak and ice cream, but their specialty is Russian cuisine and they do good job.
My favorite is fish soup. I like this restaurant for it's view, one can see people coming by on the street.
Recommend.