“Great one-day tour with Travel Jam”

Travel Jam Guided Tours
Ranked #7 of 71 Tours in Riga
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Travel Jam's guided tours are the perfect insider's introduction to Riga. We offer a variety of private tours and day-trips, all of which are highly recommended by our clients. Discover Riga together with a fun and experienced local guide, and make your trip unforgettable!
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had a fantastic tour with Edgars. I was quite specific with what I wanted, but he was able to source it all - horse riding, cooking traditional Latvian food, a trip to Jurmula and the most amazing banya experience I have ever had (4 hours of sauna, massage, scrub, body wrap, etc. etc.). Edgars speaks excellent English and is a delight to be around. He became an instant friend. Highly recommend this company.

1  Thank One_World_Travelled

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I had a delightful day of touring with Laura of Travel Jam. We visited some Manor Houses a couple of hours from Riga and stopped in a small town on the way to see a wonderful collection of life-sized dolls which are dressed in all sorts of imaginative clothing. We had a super-delicious lunch as well.
Laura was especially excellent in showing us the various Art Nouveau buildings of Riga. She also took us to neighborhoods in Riga where we would not have been able to go ourselves. We were out with her for about 13 hours. She was a delightful companion for the day. I recommend a tour of Riga and environs with Laura and Travel Jam.

1  Thank KevinJane
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We met Travel Jam through a good friend living in Riga. They took us on the Soviet Riga guided Tour which gave me another idea of this beautiful city. We visited the old town with great stories from the two charming guides. Then, we went just outside the city to the Riga Motor Museum to step back in the soviet times with cars, motorcycles and trucks. We discovered an original communal flat where we could imagine the real life of people from the Soviet Union. And we ended up watching the city of Riga from above in a tower called the Latvian Academy of Science. One of the best view you can get !

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was visiting Riga as I am adopting two children. I am travelling alone in Riga and lucky for me, my apartment was adjacent to Roberts Books/Travel Jam. Edgars who runs the show speaks beautiful English and right away welcomed me and my children to the book store. The book store is filled with an amazing selection of English books, art books, politics, novels, crime, non-fiction, travel and a fantastic room with children's books. Ilse, Dita and Laura who work with Edgars welcomed my children every day and sat with them, reading children's stories. (the children only spoke Latvian!)

We booked a tour with Edgars and he picked us up in his car and showed us the city of Riga. Then we drove to Jurmala, the sea side (20 minutes away and famous in the summer) and walked along the Baltic Sea. After a yummy lunch at a local sushi spot, which also served french fries and ketchup (a favorite with Latvian children), we drive back to Riga, as the sun was setting.

We plan to hire Edgars again this weekend, as my sister arrives and know it will be a great day. I cannot recommend Travel Jam highly enough for anyone visiting Riga. A must!

1  Thank Christianna2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Riga is a beautiful city, but if you want that your visit is a memorable one to be guided by the team of Travel Jam.
Elena,was very good at being discovered and love the city.
Thanks for the nice days.
Stefano- - Venice