“Don't miss probably the best tour you will ever had :))”

Travel Jam Guided Tours
Ranked #9 of 69 Tours in Riga
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Travel Jam's guided tours are the perfect insider's introduction to Riga. We offer a variety of private tours and day-trips, all of which are highly recommended by our clients. Discover Riga together with a fun and experienced local guide, and make your trip unforgettable!
Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you ever wonder what country and city to visit then Riga should should definitely pop up in top 3 list.. Before visiting it I havenot heard a lot about it or not so good and neutral opinions even from Latvians from Riga.. I have to say they are totally wrong.. In just 2 hours I was so fascinated by this city that now I want to move and live there :)) but now about the tour.. I have learned about it from a fellow traveler who attended it the day before and had a really great opinion about it.. She said it would about 3 hours which for me is great.. That way you can really get into the mood for a tour and enjoy the walk and the talk and not just hustle around for a hour or so.. The tour started a bit later because of one of those rainy events happening these days in Riga but that was even better as we had the opportunity to talk and meet before and discuss and share what we were interested about and learn more interesting stuff about the city.. Our tour guide was Laura a really sweet and knowledgeable tour guide who likes the things for which she talks about or has an opinion about it.. During the tour you will not only visit the old town and a couple of hidden secret spots in it.. But also you will walk around these amazing buildings around in the newer city center .. When I got here I was amazed of the number of such a beautiful looking old buildings and was asking myself how and why they are all here in Riga .. The tour gave me that answer and even get me to know a lot more about the history and the development of the city and the architectural movements.. After visiting this tour I even felt the need to investigate a bit further not only in Riga's history but even in the art and architecture and get a little bit more knowledgeable about those areas.. So that tour even gave me a spark to follow after.. this was even more than a tour .. It was an inspiring event you don't want to miss :))

2  Thank pope4e

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Was visiting Latvia with a friend and had a private day tour in Sigulda town with Elena . Had an amazing time and saw all it's beautiful nature and sightseeings. Great experience,not to be missed !

1  Thank Jelena201
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It was my first trip so far away from home, first time I have ever seen such a different and amazing culture, nature, cousin, and people. Never the less it's obvious that explore so many things, and spend such a wonderful time could not be possible without Travel Jam team. Thank you so much fellows for the warmest regards, and superior attitude, I was really feel myself like a member of your family. Looking forward to achieve my dream of life, to see the snow, and I very count on your assistance in this small miracle of life. So till the next Christmas, guy's!

Phimphat..

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was in Riga in June, and one of the highlights of my visit was a free "Cultural Walking Tour" offered by a very knowledgeable young woman named Dita. The tour was great! It took about two and a half hours, and it exposed me to many aspects of Riga's history and culture, especially its Art Nouveau past. Perhaps two and a half hours is too long for some people, but for me it was perfect. That such a wonderful introduction to the city is offered FREE is, well, astounding. I would enthusiastically recommend the tour to anyone... Enjoy Riga! :)

2  Thank Professor2024
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This daily free tour through Riga is organized by super enthusiastic, engaged and open-minded young people. I was lucky enough to have Laura as my tour guide, but I am confident that the others provide a tour just as fun and inspiring. The tour takes about 2.5 hours and takes you mainly to the old town in Riga. However the guids can also direct you to the more hidden local hotspots of your interest. Laura certainly has plenty of knowledge to share, be it about the architecture, history, religion and Latvian life-style and during my tour there was plenty of opportunity for discussions and questions about current affairs or other topics of interest. So if you get bored strolling behind ancient tour guides with umbrellas and bad jokes, but are interested in what's going on in Riga, this Culture Tour is definitely the better alternative!

1  Thank Manon479