“Very nice cafe”

Ranked #3 of 14 Bakeries in Riga
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Bar, International
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our famous coffee, from small local roasterie, recipes are made to prepare coffee with the best flavor, temperature and creamy, bitter balance! Come in and enjoy!! Fresh juices, smoothies, salads, international cusine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bread comes from our bakery. We recommend to taste sandwiches,burgers, baguettes, and pastries, croissants, cakes and much more... And the evening, we recommend GinNights, it is our evening conzept with 101 Gin&Tonics, and our home made G&T perfumes cabinet ! Enjoy or friendly service!
“Very nice cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I've been to all three Index Cafes. The one on Brivibas has especially good cheese croissants and good baristas ensure good coffee as well as friendly service. Their business lunch has improved and now includes a vegetarian option. They also have a vegetarian eggplant sandwich which is good if you want to grab something to go when you are in a hurry. I usually ask for the lunch special without sour cream but one time it came with sour cream and when I mentioned it, they took it away and brought me another one. That kind of excellent service is pretty rare because at some places not only will they not take any special requests, they will get mad at you for even asking. On another occasion I had the tom yum soup and since it was my first time trying it, I didn't know it came with shrimp, so I removed the shrimp myself. When they came to take away my bowl, they said that next time, they could make it without shrimp without my even having said anything. Really great service.

I've also eaten Sunday brunch at the Index Cafe at Panorama Plaza by Spice Mall. The brunch is good and usually if I am going to Spice and it is a Sunday I will stop first and eat brunch there. I appreciate that they put the chicken in the chicken caesar salad in a separate bowl from the lettuce so that people can add it, if they want to but vegetarians can also eat it without the chicken. The dressing is also on side which is nice so that people can add as much or as little dressing as they want. They also put the feta cheese for the Greek salad off to the side so that if someone is vegan or lactose intolerant, they can have the Greek salad.

Index Cafe has many nice vegetarian options for dinner such as vegetables with various types of sauce such as teriyaki, various curry sauces, etc.

• Visited February 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Riga, Latvia
“Friendly service,good quality and acceptable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

On Brivibas Boulvaris IndexCafe provides nice shop to relax. Design is minimalist and chairs are comfortable. The price is quite good to place and menu. I suggest it!

“Nice expansion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Index Cafe on Brivibas expanded so there's now a second floor. It's pretty nice to sit there and the advantage vs the window seats is that you can watch people walking by, but they can't see you. Their pastries are very good. However, despite being listed in the vegetarian category, their business only very rarely has a vegetarian option for the business lunch. For vegetarians, other places are better, but if you're not vegetarian this is a good option, although a bit expensive compared to many local places.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank sigulda158
London, United Kingdom
“Great coffee and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Friendly, helpful staff. Cappucinno was excellent and you could choose what to sprinkle on it - chocolate powder or cinnamon powder. The business lunch menu had tasty things on it - we went there twice for this (and, of course, the coffee). We went to the one in Brivibas, but they also have places in Skunu iela & Lielirbes iela, but we didn't get a chance to try these.

Visited August 2012
ArmandsEders, Public Relations Manager at Index Cafe, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank You! You're welcome to any Index Cafe!
Copenhagen
“Lovely strawberry latte! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have seen many of my friends updating their facebook statuses how great Index coffee is, so I thought to finally try it while visiting Riga recently. I had the nicest strawberry latte ever. Service was very nice and calm, even though it was rush hour for everybody to get their to go coffee, i did not feel at any point rushed by staff. We sat by window and looked at people passing by and had a wonderful morning coffee. Definetely a place to return.

Visited August 2012