“Excellent find”

Cuisines: Mexican
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent find”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We went to Iguana on our last night in Riga, as we'd spent quite a lot on meals our first two nights, so wanted something a bit cheaper before we headed to the Skyline bar (5/10 mins down the road).

We were really impressed, and very glad we'd found out about it from a pocket guide we'd got at the airport. It's only a small restaurant, but very pretty, and with friendly service. We got a lovely table at the far end from the entrance.

I'm a big fan of Mexican food, but this was some of the best I've had in a long time. I wish we'd known how big the portions would be as we wouldn't have ordered starters! We had the garlic toast with cheese sauce, and the 4 types of bruschetta to start. I have never seen a starter as big as the plate of garlic toast I received - I think it was 16 triangles! I only ate about 4 as was worried I wouldn't be able to eat my main. However, at something like 1.75 lats, we didn't mind at all.

For mains we had the chicken burrito (which was apparently delicious) and the nachos. It was a huge portion of nachos, with chilli and everything on. Again I wasn't able to finish! So tasty though.

The bill came to about 25 lats for two starters, two mains, and a large beer each. Fantastic value, especially considering how good the food was. I'd definitely go back again and highly recommend it if you're looking for somewhere tasty, cheap and a nice setting in Riga.

• Visited February 2013

Riga, Latvia
“Pretty little place”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

There`s style in Iguana. The food is simple but carefully choosen and of good quality . The stuff is fun and sexy.

Visited March 2012
Milano
“Small TexMex Restaurant at Berg's Bazaar”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The Iguana is a small restaurant located in the Berg's Bazaar in Riga. We ate Tex Mex dishes, but you can find also burgers, salads and very good desserts. All the dishes are huge, with good taste (children menu is also available). The waiters are very kind and always smiling. Free Wi Fi available! The bill was not expensive, with a good quality/price ratio.

• Visited December 2011