“a trendy place”

Ranked #15 of 1,012 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$12 - US$119
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The three chefs restaurant „Tam labam būs augt” (The good must grow - Eng.) is a restaurant with the open kitchen, beloved by citizens and admired by guests of our city. It was founded in September 2011 by two famous Latvian chefs, Mārtiņš Sirmais and Ēriks Dreibants. Very fast the restaurant earned popularity and was acknowledged among the highest ranking restaurants in Riga. As a proof to it, in 2013 and 2014 it received a 3rd place in the Top 30 restaurants in Latvia Excellence award. Despite rocket fast success, we remain accessible, friendly and open to everybody. We love our clients and will provide perfect service even under the most complicated circumstances.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A modern, trendy place with original attitude towards customer which in now way should be interpreted badly - a special place indeed. would recommend for youg persons for non-official occasions.

There are newer reviews for 3 Pavaru Restorans

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is one of my favourite restaurant in Riga. It is perfect for special occasions and fine dining. Yes, it is on the expensive side, but the experience is worth it. Yes, it lacks Michelin Star consistency on dishes, but they are still delicious. Every time I come it is like a new culinary adventure as their menu constantly changes, food is fresh and innovative. You can really feel their passion for food.

It is usually very busy so it is best to reserve and there are two types of siting: at tables and at the bar-type table where you can see how the food is assembled (that's really fun if you come with one or two friends), but could feel a little cramped. That's my only criticism actually: the sitting, as near large groups it could get quite noisy (on some occasions it was really annoying). Yet, I keep coming back because I love the food and I love their attitude towards food.

If you want cheap, home-type food, this place isn't for you. But for fine and fun dining it is the one! Bon Appétit!

1  Thank MiaVerro
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As an American who travels extensively (and lives in London) I truly enjoy a great meal out while on holiday at a fair price. This restaurant certainly ticked all the boxes. The service was wonderful, the flavors beautifully combined and the cost was very competitive. If you have a weekend in Riga book a table here and you will not be disappointed. Easy to find on a "main" st in the Old Town area.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I think they only attract the tourists as a local I will never go there again. Everything seems dirty - especially when there is sun.

Overpriced - the prices would correspond to a nice and formal restaurant, but definitely not the bistro type.

The waiters seem to be nice persons, but I got a feeling that they are not trained well and just are put to serve however it comes out.

Would not recommend the place.

2  Thank alex82683
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Just back from a simply superb meal here. What really made it was being able to sit at the eating bar (probably only sensible if you are a couple, not more) and chat to the chefs (Ivars mainly for us) about exactly what he was making and what ingredients and preparation had gone into the creations. Laura the waitress explained everything so clearly and looked after us really well, and the food was simply tantalising, so many new flavours and combinations. The six sauces to dip with bread were great. My venison tartare starter and my partners fish and chorizo soup really tasty. Main of lamb was cooked to perfection as was my pike-perch, with an assortment of sauces and side tastes. The total bill including two glasses of wine was 80 euros plus tip, which seems wonderful value for a truly great meal. Thank you, and to Inge our wonderful walking tour guide who recommended it in the first place.