“surprise”

Pauls Stradins Medicine History Museum
Ranked #42 of 231 things to do in Riga
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Although I did not expect much of a medicine museum I was flabbergasted by their collection; it covers several floors in an art nouveau building (which once was the Belgian embassy and the residence of the ambassador). It possesses the 1555 edition of Vesalius' book "De humani corporis fabrica". absolutely worth a visit!!!!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This place is Amazing - well worth an interesting visit - it takes you back in medical history - import an for us to understand how much we achieved in the last 100 years and how lucky we are to be living in the 21 century. Great for a school project

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Very interesting for everyone, not only for medical. Take several minutes to see film about exchange of head of a monkey (it is on TV near dog with 2 heads).

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I'll be honest, I have no interest in medicine, so maybe this isn't the right museum for me. That being said, the person I went with works in the medical field and had a great time looking and learning about the history of medicine that was on display. Wish all the displays were in English, but they weren't. We paid for 1 of the upgrades on the tour, but not both upgrades, and I don't think they cared when we entered both upgraded exhibitions, just my little tip.

1  Thank cjschreiner
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Many of the displays here were only in Latvian, which was a pity as there was a lot to learn. There is a room dedicated to space travel and particularly from the Russian end.
The two-headed dog made me feel sick, and thinking about it still does. What some scientists will do....