“Exceptional service, wonderful food”
Review of Stock Pot

Stock Pot
Ranked #32 of 1,090 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Mexican, Contemporary, Soups
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This review is long overdue, as we were in Riga last June. Thought I'd used a different website, and I just now saw the bookmark on a little-used laptop. Because we have special dietary needs, I was so pleased to find on this website a restaurant where I could inquire about the menu in advance of our trip to Riga, and explain in English! Richard assured us by email that if we checked with him a week before arriving, he would make sure there were things on the menu that we could eat. He greeted us ever so warmly when we showed up, and made his recommendations. Their menu also has spiciness ratings, which was great. The food was delicious. Linda even gave us a complimentary container of wonderful hummus to take to our hotel. We can't thank them enough for their outstanding service and friendliness. If you have time, check out the muffin/coffee shop across the street. Jack, the owner, also made gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free muffins for us with 24-hour notice. Riga is a beautiful city with lots of restaurant choices, but for a casual, friendly place with great food, Stockpot was very special for us!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visited this restaurant after finding it on Trip Advisor, and we not disappointed.
Excellent food, with a simple concept.
Check the menu online before you go to see what is on that day.
The local beer was served with a small selection of local cheese, which was a welcome surprise!
For casual informal, cheap but very tasty dinning give Stock Pot a go!

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am from India, have lived in India most of my life. I know good Indian food. Chana masala was awful, had too much sauce and was overly spicy. I had to share a table and was horrified to find other people eating beef next to me. After that I could not finish my food.

1  Thank Anil P
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We ate two veg korma with tasty basmati rice. The food was great, although spicy for the fainthearted but we loved it. Casual small place, rapid service, ideal for a quick bite. They also offer daily dishes for each day of the week which adds variety. Most dishes do not exceed 3€.
A place to recommend, we will go back any time.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Popped in for an early dinner tonight and feel it deserves a review.

As others have said, it's a simple place, but the food and welcome are first rate. I had Serbian fish soup and old fashioned chicken curry; both were brilliant. Portions are generous, decor is simple and clean, tables are shared with a mix of locals and visitors who are on the look out for delicious food at great prices. A half litre bottle of real Budwar (or other beer and wine) even comes with a small plate of good cheese, all for 2 lats. What more can you want?

Overall this is a great concept. I'll be back.