“good for sleep”
Review of Viktorija Hotel

Viktorija Hotel
Ranked #42 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was staying there for 4 nights. At the high level it is good for single person or if you need just to be there on night time only. If I would be with my wife I would book something better.
Breakfast was good, almost enough for the all day. No coffee machine in a room and no ice machine as well. Very close to center either walking or using public transit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
irinak360, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Viktorija Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Hello Dear Guest!
Thanks for Your review!
You always welcome! We will glad to see again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Everything was really nice. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean, breakfast were simply but good. Hotel is not so far from old town. There was just one thing, that our shower hanger was broken and it was not so comfortable as it can be :) But except this we are very satisfy with our choice to stay at this hotel :)

Room Tip: I don't know if there are some rooms with windows to inner side because ours were oriented to th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Guste I

Hello Dear Guest!

You always welcome!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Having stayed in a hotel in Riga's center before, my strategy this time was to choose a hotel located further from the center and perhaps save a bit while retaining quality. With the Hotel Viktorija, this strategy did not work out.
My boyfriend and I stayed there Wednesday-Sunday. While booking, I was pleased to find that the hotel offered a romantically themed deal which included a bottle of champagne. Before our trip, I called to add an extra night (Wednesday night) to our reservation. When we arrived, exhausted from a ten hour bus trip on Wednesday night, the young man at the desk had no record of this addition to our reservation. Luckily, I had saved all of our email corresponsdence confirming this, and after a few minutes we were on our way to our room.
The room was fairly clean, although the mold growing in the corner did little to contribute to the "romantic" idea of the holiday. The bathroom - not the cleanest - featured an ancient platform style shower with a shower curtain and a shower head which continually fell down (There is a reason they don't show the bathrooms on the website!). Also not excessively romantic. I will say that the bed was big, clean, and comfortable. However, you cannot make local calls from your room, although there is a phone there, which is strange as well as inconvenient.
After a few days, we decided to see if we were ever going to recieve our champagne, and went to ask at the desk. Fumbling for an explanation, the best that the receptionist could come up with was that they were unable to enter our room since we had the only key. Strange, since the cleaning lady had been managing to bring us fresh towels every day and unpleasant to have the hotel's failures blamed on you. She did then give us the champagne, which was decent, and some glasses which was good since the cups in our room were dirty. The cleaning lady never retrieved them, though she did throw away some medicinal cream that I was using to treat an eye infection.
The most unpleasant incident occured on the last day, when I asked if we could keep the room a bit longer since 1) We had arrived very late (after 10 pm) on Wednesday and 2) our bus was not leaving until midnight. She promptly answered that our room was already booked, which I highly doubt since the hotel was half empty the whole time we stayed there and it was a Sunday night. I then asked if we could at least have an extra hour so as not to rush, which she also refused. Lastly, I asked if we could keep our baggage in the small room behind the check-in for the day which she declined to do, sending us and our bags off into the rain.
The Viktorija is not the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in, but I was very disappointed with the difference between the quality I expected based on the website and price and what I recieved, especially since this was supposed to be a sort of romantic getaway. The staff is unorganized unfriendly and unprofessional, and the place itself is mediocre at best. I will not be staying here again, and I don't recommend anyone else to do so either. You can find a much nicer hotel in Riga for the same price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Лора О
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I liked the location. not far from Riga downtown. Hotel staff was very good and helpfull. Bathroom OK, room old fashioned:) Beds and pillows should be better in hotel. One think that suprised me was electric radiator for heating. so no central heating i guess:) But for the price /25 USD/ per person per night with breakfast is ok:) Breakfast is serving in bistro like 15 metres next to the hotel.

Room Tip: i chose the hotel becasue of option of room with three beds.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2013

if you are allergic to dust it's not your place: old carpet in the room, and i think the curtains were very dusty as well.Impossible to switch off the heater in the bathroom, so we suffered the heat all night long. breakfast is served in a nearby place where the quality of the food is really poor, so if you decide to stay here i recommed to pay only for the night without b/fast. Downtown is 15-20 min walk, They have a small private car park and we could leave it also after check out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

i spent 1 night with 2 friends and surelly i will never go back there . We paid cash and they didnt give us our change. It was less than 10 euros but i really cant accept this "philosophy" of getting "tips". Hotel is a really old style , we asked 3 single beds but we got 1 double bed and one single bed. They asked us extra money when we asked to change the beds

It is located near the city center but avoid to pay by cash unless you want lose your money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the best offer for 3 persons - I've got a family room which actually has two rooms for a reasonable price. Before we arrived I changed my reservation twice and the personnel did their best to help me. The hotel is located a little far from historic center but it can be reached in just 10 minutes and it's not a problem at all. Our rooms were spacious, may be too spacious, because rooms looked a little "empty" - I guess some decoration would make them a bit more cozy. I can't say anything about breakfast as it wasn't included but where is one of the "Lido" restaurants near the hotel.
Generally I was satisfied my stay in this hotel - it was cheap, clean and not far from center, so I can recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends