“Great location, clean room and nice food”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 8 June 2011

- Nice hotel really close to the Old Town of Riga.

- Room service was quick and the food delicious (tried the cesar salad and the salmon dish..yummy!)

- So many things to do there (spa, casino, swimming pool ..) It was a shame I didn't have enough time to try any of them!

- You can even order sushi / pizza as room service :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AmykWong
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Dear AmykWong from Nice,
It is really great to hear that you enjoyed our services and our hotel itself. I can only agree with you that there are really many things to do in our hotel and I hope you are already planning your next visit to us in order enjoy spa, good food and another great things.

Best regards from Riga and I look forward to welcoming you in our hotel soon again,

Reviewed 26 April 2011

For those who want or need a large hotel with many amenities, you can't go wrong with this hotel. It is not in the center of the old city, but it is easy to walk to many places of interest including the Opera House, the area inside the city walls, monument of freedom, and the University. The food is good and you can have an amazing view of the city from the bar on the top floor.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank jwjwjwjw1
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear jwjwjwjw1, thank you for good words about our hotel and I can only agree that the location is just outstanding, the hotel is in short walk from everything you need. Same time there are many things to do in the hotel as well, we have two fantastic bars – Skyline bar on the top floor with great views and fantastic cocktails, D’Vine Bar with good wine and delicious tapas, all day dinning Esplanade restaurant and great six storey spa complex called ESPA and many more.

We definitely look forward to welcoming in our hotel soon again.

Best regards from sunny Riga,

Reviewed 19 April 2011

Although some of the reviews here were not so positive, I found the hotel to be excellent value for money (about 65Euros per night, including breakfast). I had requested a room higher up if possible and although I was paying the lowest available rate I got a fantastic one on the 14th floor facing the Old City - spectacular, as was the SkyBar.
The rooms are not luxurious or fancy but they are spacious, clean, well appointed, quiet and have everything you might require - including very nice toilettries and truly large towels, slippers, etc. Mini bar prices very reasonable, buffet breakfast amazing, hotel staff welcoming, helpful and discreet. The best thing about the hotel was that we could walk EVERYWHERE -- and we really did walk and walk and walk :))
Overall, although it is not an 'amazing' hotel with unique character, I felt it offered excellent value for money and all the necessary comforts for a good night's sleep, reasonable and tasty catering and a top city location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank d_nassimpian
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear d_nassim,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your positive feedback.

I am really happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and highly rated our services.
Just want to let you know that in order get our rooms even more nice, some floors are in refurbishing process already now and we will continue with other floors later on as well.

So I would be more than happy to welcoming you back in our house to check out the new rooms and have a great time again.

Best regards from Riga,

Reviewed 31 March 2011

They say 100% customer satisfaction and it is not the case.We were told to book at this hotel and apparently the Elizabetes is much better. I booked a superior room, asking for a quiet room with views to the old town. The web says that superior rooms are in the high floors. What I get was a dark room in the second floor facing a dirty and narrow street, birdshit in the windows... I called inmediately the desk and they said that this was a superior (???) and quiet (???!!!!) room. They also explained that there were works in the tower so it was the best option for me. Since the works started at 9:00 and my meeting at 8:00 this was not an issue. I waited for more than 10'in the room for a call from the desk to tell me about the alternative, Nothing happened, than I went to the desk, I put (thown!) my key and it took 5 seconds to find a nice room in the 24th floor. Nice views (not to the old town of course, nothing is perfect). But, again, the temperature was terribly cold, no way to increase it, and the shower was a perfect chinese torture: I was either boiled as an egg, or frozen as a prawn. Well, I worked until late then I ordered the breakfast at room. Breakfast was included in the price of the room, then I expected to pay the extra 2 Lats.....nooooo: I was charged with 10 Lats: 8 for the breakfast and 2 for the service. I complained (again!!!), well you can imagine the end. I payed. Then, I meet the colleagues in the lobby bar to work: A rock event is now taking pllace, people singing and drunk, no signs of security personnel. It is midnight and I can not sleep, the music is thunderous. I don't see the time to leave this horrible hotel.

Room Tip: to complain. Good luck.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HELENA_AIRLINES
JanisValodze, Rooms Divivsion Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2011

Dear Helena_Airlines
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for taking your time to supply us with detailed feedback.
I am really sorry to hear that the room allocation was not satisfactory and you were allocated in the superior room in our north wing. It is for sure a big disappointment for me to hear that control of room and water temperature was not up to standard. I want to ensure you that we constantly working on these issues and even now we have several ongoing projects in order to improve the quality of it. I can understand your disappointment regarding the breakfast fee, just want to inform you that only breakfast buffet at restaurant is included in room rate and in room breakfast fee of 8 LVL + 2 LVL service charge is clearly stated in breakfast knob. Further on you might be interested that in room breakfast is free of charge in our Business Class rooms and Suites.
As we are rather big hotel with biggest hotel conference and event center in Baltic’s time to time many conferences and incentive events taking part at the place and I want ensure you that security is the most important issue for us. As we do have a lot of cameras at the sight, the physical presence of security guard are not always required and I am sure many guest will not appreciate that either.
I am really sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay as expected and I still hope you will give us a second chance, so I look forward to welcoming you soon again in our hotel and do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything we can do for you.

Best regards from Riga,

Reviewed 10 March 2011

The 1st thing I must say about is location - it's pefect, near old town and close to night clubs. our room was clean and spaсious and we appreciated tea facilities in it. But if you take a dbl with extra bed, mind that it will be a folding bed, not the usual one. although it was quite comfortable and with a good matrass.
The hotel is very big and busy, so if you like something more cozy and authentic you should think about different choice. But for me and my friends it was a great place to spend a nice weekend in Riga.
and also i shouldn't forget to mention the breakfast, which was so diverse and good, that not every 5* hotel can compete. it really made our day and gave us energy to explore this lovely city -))

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2011

A very good hotel a few minuites walk from the old town of Riga. The rooms a little old fashioned and worn down, but spotlessly clean.
Very nice breakfast with an own omelette-cook, but stay clear of the prefabricated scrabled eggs! The Espa spa is in connection with the hotel, and there is a 24-hr casino in hte house. The Skyline bar on hte top floor has the best wiev in Riga. Shulltebus to the airport 3 lat.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomT1
Reviewed 28 February 2011

It was already nice when it was a Reval group hotel and now it still top. Nice breakfast, nice rooms and the view is amazing (ask for a front view room in the upper floors). Not in old town but Riga it's a small town. Not the cheapest one but not so expensive. Sometimes staff could speak a little bit a better english ;-)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends