“functional but over priced. great bar”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a typical business hotel. Functional, clean but a little bit expensive. The bar on the top floor is worth a visit for the view, and the best mohito in town. The sports bar downstairs had great staff but couldn't show the cricket. Would be a good place to watch football though

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Oliver G!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback after your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I do hope you will be back in the near future to enjoy services of other hotel food and beverage outlets as well our famous five star spa “ESPA Rīga”.
Looking forward welcoming you back.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Just want to let everyone know. Hotel service is so poor.

We are couple from Moscow and were on the way to book our week stay in Raddisson Blu.
When I called to book a room, reservation lady made me feel unwelcome and invaluable customer.
I felt like I would be begging her for something and disturb her from her job. Sad that i didn't fix her name. I would expect it if I would call to cheap guest house or hostel.

So:
1) Lady spoke so poor Russian so I could hardly understand her. (In a country where are 30% of Russian, working in hospitality and don't speak the language, really? Okai then if so, why she didn't forward the call to any of her colleagues?
2) Her voice tone sounds like I would be disturbing her from doing her job. She talked very quickly, like it would be lack of time. (I hardly could understand her, because of that, and surely felt unwelcome)
3) When I asked about room prices, she went: what you want? Rude and aggressive. There is many ways how to ask a customer for his/her preferences, but NOT what you want! This is ridiculous!
She could of asked me:
a) What kind of room would you prefer, madam?
b) Are you looking for any particular room type?
c) Would you like me to offer you some rooms? We have different types...
4) I said her that we are couple, but she still intended to offer me twin room. I guess she understood what were my requirements (I mean we wanted a double bed) only after I repeated it to her 3-4 times.
5)She asked me than: Do you want standard or something better, because we have "standard" with 2 beds? It is ridiculous, and it was after I had repeated to her so many times that we are couple! and her "something better", so "standard" is not a hmm... nice room?
6)When she said me the price it were twice as much as you can get it from booking.com. Really? I am surprised, so booking.com and some "Expedia" are charity?
7) When I asked lady why is that, apart of inspiring me she went "you can book where you want. Thank you". It is so ridiculously rude! So instead of inspiring me about the facilities and benefit I could get, she just finished the conversation.
I am just curious how with this level of service do Hotel works?
And I am gone follow advice was given to me - just will somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dorianna A!

I am very sorry to read about your negative experience while trying to book Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga. I want to ensure you that the level of service quality is essential for us and this is why I am will take your comments under careful loop and you can be sure that we will proceed with all necessary actions in order to prevent such unpleasant situations in the future. Therefore I would like to ask you to provide us with more details about the conversation time/date you tried to book our hotel. I would really appreciate if you could send the details to my direct email Frank.Weidlich@radissonblu.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for business one night in standard rooms very well equiped, clean and confortable.
Great sky bar on floors 26&27 with nice cocktails
For good and bad is a huge hotel.
It has also an spa we could not visit.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Creudelsud!

Thank you for your four star review and your compliments regarding the hotel. It was pleasure to serve you here and we are looking forward welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Excellent Location for this Hotel
I Had a very nice room, but small the Restaurant and bar were real great both on choices , staff and quality.
Very good breakfast.
It was hard to get a taxi on my way back to the airport, so i advise to book it on advance

Room Tip: please go for business room the regular ones are to small
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joao A!

Thank you very much for so excellent review you shared on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your compliments regarding staff and breakfast. For sure I will share your comments with the staff to further inspire them providing excellent service to our guests.
Looking forward seeing you again,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Lovely hotel, well appointed. Main issue was that floor space in rooms was so small, not enough room for 2 suitcases. Bathroom also smaller than others. Lovely views from bar and well located..walking distance to most attractions.

Dear Helen,
Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and sharing your 4 star review on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your feedback and look forward welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

A very high standard hotel, with superb views from the skybar. A nice lobby bar and a busy night club downstairs. They could do with some lights in the swimming pool though. Went for the Business Rooms that included access to the pool and sauna suite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear David!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. It was a try pleasure to serve you and we are looking forward to your next visit!
With kind regards

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed in Radisson Blu Latvija together with a group of friends. We found everything we wish from an hotel in Riga.

The location is very central. Any major place is minutes away. The lobby bar is good for late-lunch bites and afternoon drinks.
The rooms are a bit small but its comfortable for sure.

Hotel has a very nice casino serving 24 hours. The dealers can be better. Half of them are rookies .

The skybar on the top floor is a decent start for your long night in Riga.

No doubt, I will stay there anytime I go to Riga.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank meetjoeblack
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Meetjoeblack!

I really appreciate your 4star review and taking the time to place it on Tripadvisor to share with all travelers. Thank you for choosing us to be your address in Riga and all the positive comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.