Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We checked in the hotel on 20th of October at approximately 12:00 local time. The receptionist was extremely rude to us. There was some miscellaneous of the room booking. But that receptionist was trying to explain to us very unfriendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luco H
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Luco H!
Thank you choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga. I really appreciate your feedback here on Tripadvisor as it helps us further improve the standards of quality and guest comfort we wish to offer our guests. After investigation the problem with the room booking “little miscellaneous” turned out to be a booking error through one of the third party providers which we cannot solve in your stead as we explained at the time as well. By no means do we want to sound rude or unhelpful and we are really sorry for that but we are bound by the agreements that you adhere to when you book through those sites since they don’t do that for free.
I hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
Looking forward seeing you soon.
Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel was lovely and our (standard) room was decent size but not huge. The breakfast was excellent and the service efficient but not super friendly (I think it's not in the culture here). The AirBaltic shuttle bus from and to the airport stops by the hotel which was very convenient. My main complain concerns the pool facilities since the hotel website states that there is both an indoor and outdoor pool but it is not clearly indicated that they are actually part of the spa complex and their use costs about 23€ also from the guests of the hotel (at least from those staying in a standard room). The pool area was lovely and there are 3 different saunas too but I think 23€ for a swim is a bit overpriced. I was also told that the outside pool can only be used by those who have booked treatments in that floor. The gym is also located in the same spa complex (which was a bit complicated to find) and its use is free for the hotel guests only between 6am and 9am. I think that these issues about the restrictions in the use of the pools and the gym should be clearly indicated on the website since one reason why I booked this hotel was because they advertised that there is a pool and a gym.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Katja R!
Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your comments; we will definitely take them into consideration in order to improve the information on our website, our services and standards of quality.
I look forward welcoming you back soon and hope that upon your next visit we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Executice Assistant Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I liked everything about the hotel: modern design of rooms, location (3 min walk to the Old Town), wonderful club in floor 26 (enjoy the view) and great SPA. I recommend everyone to try the spa and its cosmetics.

Room Tip: Elizabetes street view on higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sonia Kalugina!

Thank you so much for sharing your 5star feedback with all Tripadvisor readers. I am really happy to read you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us, it was truly a pleasure to serve you here and I am looking forward welcoming you here again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I just finished a 5-night stay at this hotel. Overall my visit was pleasant. Even though I hadn't booked with breakfast, it appeared to be included with the room which was very generous. The only negative thing about the hotel was the bar/restaurant menu/food at lunch and dinner. It was very American instead of European, even though not many American's visit Riga. Do Europeans really want a Club House or Burger with fries!? Where is the schnitzel and sausage on the menu? Aside from that, I would recommend staying at this hotel given it's central location. The pool area can be avoided.

Room Tip: 15th floor or higher!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Adrian S!

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that generally you enjoyed your stay here and surprised that you found our bar/restaurant menu disappointing. Our House Famous Burger and Club sandwich are Bestsellers here and they are very popular amongst the guests from different countries. Besides of these two we do have also international menu available.
I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a typical business hotel. Functional, clean but a little bit expensive. The bar on the top floor is worth a visit for the view, and the best mohito in town. The sports bar downstairs had great staff but couldn't show the cricket. Would be a good place to watch football though

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Oliver G!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback after your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I do hope you will be back in the near future to enjoy services of other hotel food and beverage outlets as well our famous five star spa “ESPA Rīga”.
Looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Just want to let everyone know. Hotel service is so poor.

We are couple from Moscow and were on the way to book our week stay in Raddisson Blu.
When I called to book a room, reservation lady made me feel unwelcome and invaluable customer.
I felt like I would be begging her for something and disturb her from her job. Sad that i didn't fix her name. I would expect it if I would call to cheap guest house or hostel.

So:
1) Lady spoke so poor Russian so I could hardly understand her. (In a country where are 30% of Russian, working in hospitality and don't speak the language, really? Okai then if so, why she didn't forward the call to any of her colleagues?
2) Her voice tone sounds like I would be disturbing her from doing her job. She talked very quickly, like it would be lack of time. (I hardly could understand her, because of that, and surely felt unwelcome)
3) When I asked about room prices, she went: what you want? Rude and aggressive. There is many ways how to ask a customer for his/her preferences, but NOT what you want! This is ridiculous!
She could of asked me:
a) What kind of room would you prefer, madam?
b) Are you looking for any particular room type?
c) Would you like me to offer you some rooms? We have different types...
4) I said her that we are couple, but she still intended to offer me twin room. I guess she understood what were my requirements (I mean we wanted a double bed) only after I repeated it to her 3-4 times.
5)She asked me than: Do you want standard or something better, because we have "standard" with 2 beds? It is ridiculous, and it was after I had repeated to her so many times that we are couple! and her "something better", so "standard" is not a hmm... nice room?
6)When she said me the price it were twice as much as you can get it from booking.com. Really? I am surprised, so booking.com and some "Expedia" are charity?
7) When I asked lady why is that, apart of inspiring me she went "you can book where you want. Thank you". It is so ridiculously rude! So instead of inspiring me about the facilities and benefit I could get, she just finished the conversation.
I am just curious how with this level of service do Hotel works?
And I am gone follow advice was given to me - just will somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dorianna A!

I am very sorry to read about your negative experience while trying to book Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga. I want to ensure you that the level of service quality is essential for us and this is why I am will take your comments under careful loop and you can be sure that we will proceed with all necessary actions in order to prevent such unpleasant situations in the future. Therefore I would like to ask you to provide us with more details about the conversation time/date you tried to book our hotel. I would really appreciate if you could send the details to my direct email Frank.Weidlich@radissonblu.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for business one night in standard rooms very well equiped, clean and confortable.
Great sky bar on floors 26&27 with nice cocktails
For good and bad is a huge hotel.
It has also an spa we could not visit.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Creudelsud!

Thank you for your four star review and your compliments regarding the hotel. It was pleasure to serve you here and we are looking forward welcoming you soon again.