“Great location, great view, average quality”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Riga, Latvia
“Great location, great view, average quality”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed in the hotel just a short while ago. In overall everything was ok. Had a room on 16th floor - was extremely quite, though the room was way too small. On the 2nd day house-keeping changed the towels (Thank you! considering that we did not ask for that and it is against hotel's policy to do so on daily basis), though didn't trouble to make the bed :)
Check-in was quite fast, bad thing we had to go through the booking process twice: on the day of the arrival we decided to re-check the booking and turned out there was none...
Most of the reviewers below said good words about breakfast buffet - totally agreed, though the wait stuff was quite unfriendly and slow: it took some of the girls over 10 minutes to clean up and set the table. Though Sky bar team was much more pleasant to deal with

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Cello-jello!

I really appreciate your review following your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija this autumn. Thank you for bringing the highlighted issues to our attention and may I offer my sincere apologies on behalf of the hotel for the poor service you have experienced in the restaurant. We take guests comments seriously as they help us improve our services and standards of quality. I very much hope that you will consider staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you decide to do so.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here on the first weekend of October as i had an educational exhibition downstairs in the conference room, and wasn't disappointed!

Greeted by a friendly receptionist when i arrived and was able to check in promptly. Was directed up to my room via the panoramic elevators, giving a view over the whole of Riga. My room was situated near to the lifts (without asking) which is always appreciated!

Room was absolutely great, large bed and plenty of storage places to keep belongings. Loads of information in the room to help me during my stay in Riga.

I dumped my stuff then headed straight down to the Spa for a workout and a swim. I paid 16LAT which works out as about £20.00, it was quite expensive but you may want to check how much it is to upgrade your room at reception, as this includes entry to the Spa. Even though quite expensive, it was well worth it as i made the most of it.
The fitness room is well equipped with modern equipment, both cardiovascular and weights, and was really quiet the few days i used it. Free bottled water and towels made things a bit easier too!
After using the fitness room you can go upstairs to use the changing rooms where you are handed a towel and slippers, and you can go down to the swimming pool and spa area. The pool is small but fine for doing a few lengths, then there is a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, and some awesome showers there too. Couldn't have felt more invigorated after finishing!

In the evening i headed up to the Skybar on the top floor of the hotel, with the most amazing views over Riga. There is a 2 LAT entry fee, but worth it really as it tends to keep the stag parties out. Drinks reasonably priced for what is essentially quite a posh bar, and the views are breathtaking.

Breakfast included the following morning was absolute dynamite, as much as you wanted and so much choice with full english breakfasts, healthy options with fruit and smoothies, bread and various pastries, i couldn't fault any of it!

The following evening i headed down to the sports bar in the basement to watch some football and grab some food and a beer, and again wasn't disappointed. Pretty good pub style food and good beer in a nice atmosphere!

All in all, i can't recommend this hotel enough, obviously business paid for a lot of my stay, but even then i don't think things were too badly priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to where the lifts are, its not a hugely long walk but obviously better being n...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Bradclark84!

I thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija on your recent trip to Riga and for taking the time to share your detailed review with us.
It was truly a pleasure to serve you here and I am glad that the accommodations and service was on high level as complete guest satisfaction is our goal.
We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you all the best!
Mentone, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for five nights in Oct 2013.
Excellent location for visiting the city.
I occupied a small room in the north wing, not the main tower. Comfortable bed. No power outlets in the bathroom. No desk, only a small round table
Small TV with few channels, but that was OK for me.
Internet not very fast but worked well.
Excellent breakfast buffet, morte than you can enjoy in 5 days.
Excellent dinner buffet too.
Fitness room is large and with excellent equipment, but you can only use it for three ours early in the morning unless you pay the premium to stay in the main tower.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Balaena
Dear Balaena!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read your compliments on location, breakfast and dinner buffet. I hope that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been here a few times when having business trips in Riga. Hotel is in a good place in downtown and nearly all my customers were in walking distance.
Everything is in place, wlan worked like a dream, minibar was full :) and bed was good. What more can you ask after a long workday?
I haven't been in spa but someone told it's a way to relax after work. And they there a casino downstairs if you want to gamble... There is also KHL (sports)bar in basement and nightclub in upstairs
And I have to mention the breakfast, it is excellent!

Room Tip: new side, upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Salmja!

I appreciate your crisp and constructive comments and thank you for your compliments on hotel breakfast.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you soon back in Riga and for sure in our hotel.

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We checked in the hotel on 20th of October at approximately 12:00 local time. The receptionist was extremely rude to us. There was some miscellaneous of the room booking. But that receptionist was trying to explain to us very unfriendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Luco H
Dear Luco H!
Thank you choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga. I really appreciate your feedback here on Tripadvisor as it helps us further improve the standards of quality and guest comfort we wish to offer our guests. After investigation the problem with the room booking “little miscellaneous” turned out to be a booking error through one of the third party providers which we cannot solve in your stead as we explained at the time as well. By no means do we want to sound rude or unhelpful and we are really sorry for that but we are bound by the agreements that you adhere to when you book through those sites since they don’t do that for free.
I hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
Looking forward seeing you soon.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel was lovely and our (standard) room was decent size but not huge. The breakfast was excellent and the service efficient but not super friendly (I think it's not in the culture here). The AirBaltic shuttle bus from and to the airport stops by the hotel which was very convenient. My main complain concerns the pool facilities since the hotel website states that there is both an indoor and outdoor pool but it is not clearly indicated that they are actually part of the spa complex and their use costs about 23€ also from the guests of the hotel (at least from those staying in a standard room). The pool area was lovely and there are 3 different saunas too but I think 23€ for a swim is a bit overpriced. I was also told that the outside pool can only be used by those who have booked treatments in that floor. The gym is also located in the same spa complex (which was a bit complicated to find) and its use is free for the hotel guests only between 6am and 9am. I think that these issues about the restrictions in the use of the pools and the gym should be clearly indicated on the website since one reason why I booked this hotel was because they advertised that there is a pool and a gym.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Katja R!
Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your comments; we will definitely take them into consideration in order to improve the information on our website, our services and standards of quality.
I look forward welcoming you back soon and hope that upon your next visit we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Executice Assistant Manager
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I liked everything about the hotel: modern design of rooms, location (3 min walk to the Old Town), wonderful club in floor 26 (enjoy the view) and great SPA. I recommend everyone to try the spa and its cosmetics.

Room Tip: Elizabetes street view on higher floor
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sonia Kalugina!

Thank you so much for sharing your 5star feedback with all Tripadvisor readers. I am really happy to read you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us, it was truly a pleasure to serve you here and I am looking forward welcoming you here again.

With kindest regards,