“Disappointing for a Radisson Blu”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've had pleasant stays in many Radisson Blu hotels, but the Radisson Blu Latvija falls short on several accounts. Even after upgrading to a better room, the room was still tiny and there was little room to maneuver around the bed. The water temperature in the bathroom constantly fluctuated between hot and cold; I've never seen such poor water temperature regulation in a hotel. Several colleagues who stayed in other rooms concurred. But most disappointing was that they charged 23 Euro every time to use the gym and sauna. This is the first time I've ever seen a hotel charge its guests to use the gym and sauna; if this is one of your criteria for choosing a hotel, I recommend finding a different hotel in Riga. On a positive note, the bar on the top floor has a great view, although the drinks are pricey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bob s
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Bob S!
I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I am naturally disappointed to see that superior room size didn’t meet your expectations therefore would like to inform that we do have also bigger rooms - our business class rooms are 40m2.
I was most concerned to read about the problem with fluctuating shower temperature. Please be assured that I have addressed this problem and we are already working in order to solve it.
May I also answer your complaint regarding entrance fee to ESPA Rīga - I would like to inform you that for hotel guests we offer to use the fitness studio from 6 am till 9 am free of charge and also for Business class room guests there is no entrance fee to Active Leisure area.
On the other hand I am glad you enjoyed the visit of our famous Skyline Bar and I hope you will visit us again and we will do our best to make your next visit to our hotel pleasant.

Ronald Smithjes,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Latvija for the Riga Marathon 2014. The stay was great. The hotel has a superb location as everything is within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and spoke good english. The room was modern but a bit on the smaller side, which was fine considering we spent most of the day outside. The breakfast was great too, so overall I can highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Yannick L!
I am very happy to read that your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and in Riga overall was great. Thank you for your 5* review you shared on Tripadvisor. I look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for a couple of days during business conference. A great and comfortable place, modern, with nice view from the room and the skybar on the 26. floor. Conveniently located, the most beautiful views and places in the town are within walking distance. Definitely would come back for a leisure weekend as well!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Tadek67!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your 5* review with all Tripadvisor travelers. I am very happy to read your positive feedback and look forward welcoming you back for your leisure weekend very soon!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Three nights on a four day trip to Riga and this hotel was an excellent base within easy walking distance of all the things you might want to see and do. The hotel is opposite a lovely park and views from the rooms must be amazing if you get a room in the main block.
We were offered a forty euro a night upgrade from our standard room on arrival but choose not to take it and so were in an annexe at the back of the hotel. The room was fine, with good facilities but overlooked a side street. I would say that the A/C did not manage to get the room quite cool enough even when on its coolest setting. Having the fan full on was also a bit noisy at night and I cannot say I slept well on any of the three nights.
The hotel has an excellent and varied breakfast buffet and we had three different breakfasts in our time in the hotel.
There is also an amazing spa on six floors but be warned entry is not free unless you upgrade. To use the pool costs 23 euros and a forty minute massage was 55 euros - everything immaculate, of course. There is also a charge of three euros to enter the Sky Bar if you don't upgrade.
Hotel staff were excellent - friendly and efficient and met every request impeccably. The greeter in the breakfast restaurant recognised us after the first day, even though it was very busy.
A good hotel for those wanting top range facilities and convenience. There are more characterful alternatives in the Old Town but at a higher price.

Room Tip: If you want the view and intend to use the hotel pool, sauna, etc. may be worth considering an upgra...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DM51!
I appreciate your detailed review you shared with all Tripadvisor readers. I am sorry to read that you were not altogether pleased regarding a certain aspect of your stay, specifically where the air condition was concerned. I would like to inform you that we always take guest comments seriously and your grievances are duly noted and have been taken up with those responsible so that appropriate action can be taken. On the other hand I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and thank you also for your positive comments about our staff.
Once again I thank you for your comments and look forward welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is big, nothing personal. The rooms are pretty small and the beds felt pretty old. Amayzing view from the room and the breakfast is ok. A bit to crowded and a very bad selection of bread.

A very nice skybar at the top floor that I really can recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear NiklasKarlsson,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate your Skyline bar recommendation and feel sorry that the bed quality and bread selection at breakfast didn’t meet your expectations. I still hope you will visit us again in not too distant future and we will do our best to make your next visit to our hotel pleasant.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a long day of stress and work we spent a great couple of hours in the Skybar atop the Radisson. The circular view from the 27th floor is unsurpassed and the drinks -- featuring Lavia's Black Balsam bitters -- were a balm. We loved the retro music and watching happy Swedish tourists dancing. Will revisit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear r2croak!
I really appreciate your fantastic feedback about our Skyline Bar and look forward welcoming you at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija again very soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

one of the best hotels ive stayed at. very affordable prices in euros, very good friendly staff, food was top notch, room service was fast and friendly, rooms were a good size ,clean,good facilities. worth the money ill be back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Darren M!
Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write such a great feedback on Tripadvisor!
I really appreciate your positive comments and look forward welcoming you back soon!