“Pleasantly surprised”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Recently were in Riga for a conference and stayed in this hotel. We were given a clean, comfortable, reasonably sized room. Our bathroom had a bathtub, not only a shower. The hotel staff tried their best to meet our dietary requirements at breakfast. They also were very helpful in providing space for our group and our luggage when our departure was delayed. The location is also close to the Old City and other sites in the city

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Sara2828!

Thank you for taking your time to post your positive experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and sharing it with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel this week for 3 nights room was nice and had a beautiful view but I think for the price one pays at this hotel he should expect to get a working AC in the room that actually cools the room and not told when you call in that there is nothing they can do as the technician is on vacation, also wanted to eat breakfast in the room put the note out side my door at about 12:00 mid night (it says you should do it before 3 AM) asking for food to arrive at 7:00 by 7:30 when it did not arrive I went out to look and found it was never picked up .... when I told them about it at reception I was just told ooo we will try and fix it next time (actually they did and I got it the next day) over all a good place but if you are going to charge 200 Euro a night it should be perfect.

Room Tip: take a room on a high floor with a view to the old city

Dear Brucegurfein!
Please accept my sincere apologies for inconvenience caused to you due to technical problem with air condition in your room. I want to ensure you that we will take this situation under careful loop and proceed with all necessary actions in order to prevent such unpleasant situation during guest stay in our hotel. I hope you will visit us again and we can prove that we can do better and meet your expectations.
Looking forward welcoming you back,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. I did not experience any major issues, just a couple of details. There was a post-it on my keycard saying that I had been upgraded, however my room looked pretty standard, not very spacey, I did not have enough space to put my cloths to. The view was magnificent. There were several big groups and that is probably why waiters did not manage to clean the tables during breakfast. Service in restaurants was generally quite slow. The Skybar is nice, quite full during the happy hour and they charge an entrance fee after 7pm!. But otherwise, everything was fine, including free wi-fi.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better, the wing does not have that many floors.

Dear Kooladanice!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the most aspects of your stay and really appreciate your constructive comments.
Please accept my apologies for the slow service in the restaurant, of course it is not an excuse, but it might be due to high occupancy of the hotel. I want to ensure you that the level of service quality is essential for us and we will do our best in order to improve it.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.
Ronald Smithjes,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was one of a number of Radisson Blu hotels we stayed in during our Baltic Countries visit. Others were at the usual above-average level but this one was poor. Firstly, the hotel is in a reasonably good position and has a Skyline Bar on the 26th floor. You can see everywhere in and around Riga. The Bar has a Happy Hour and the prices are low by western standards - so this is a plus.

The minuses start in the rooms, which were clearly designed by someone who never stayed in them. No drawers and a single shelf to store clothes (we stayed 3 days so needed to unpack). Then there was no plug in the washbasin so shaving had to be done in running water (not very eco..) - the desk manager told me this was standard across Europe, implying I was stupid, despite there being a plug in all other Radissons we stayed in. Then there are the bedside lights with a spike welded to them that can actually stab you if you sit up in bed without taking care. Then there's the dining room, which is too small and too understaffed to cope with the number of guests. We sat for 20 minutes waiting to give a dinner order then gave up and went to the Old Town for dinner; breakfast was a zoo with too many people in too small a space with too few tables and chairs - and we found this on each of the three days.

There are 4 Radisson Blu hotels in Riga; this one should be visited to go to the Skyline Bar for a drink but best to stay in one of the others if you want a comfortable room and a relaxing experience with pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Go to one of the other Radissons
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith P
RadissonRiga, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Keith P,

We truly value your feedback about your last stay with us.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Unfortunately it is difficult to understand in which room category you were staying, however I would like to mention that in Business class room there is suficiant space for your personal belongings. Standard and Superior class rooms are not very spacy and the designers had to organise room space according to Radisson standards.

We are sorry for the slow service in the main restaurant. Due to high season for leisure travelers our hotel main buffet restaurant can get very busy in the certain morning and evening hours, as all of the tourists buses departs at the same time, and also all the groups dinners are scheduled in the same hour. This is of course not an excuse for the bad experience and we shall take into our considerations. We are also offering another a`la carte dining venue in our hotel , named D`Vine, which is orientated on the individual guests, not a groups, offering more personalized and faster service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time at Radisson Blue Hotel Latvija and please give us the chance to improve your impression about our service and our offers.

Kind regards,
Marija Kokina
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We are just about to check out after four days in the Radisson Blue. The rooms from the north side of the hotel offer a spectacular view of the city from the Dome Cathedral to St. Peter's in Old Town. We have enjoyed a comforting stay amidst luxury in a great hotel. The breakfast buffet is all you would want and kept fresh throughout the morning. The location is great. Everything is within walking distance. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we have enjoyed ours.

Dear Ron B!

I really appreciate your five star review you published on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took your valuable time to share your positive experience with all travelers to help them make an informative choice when travelling to Riga.

I look forward welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Unfortunality, the bar was closed when I visit, but the view was beautyful and the elevator to the top was a nice ride! I will visit this bar next time I visiting Riga.
The hotel looks really nice and the lobby give me a feeling of luxury and good service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Ferm 65!

I really appreciate your stay at our hotel and your review you shared with others on Tripadvisor.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon,

Kindest regards,
Ronald Smihtjes

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I visited Radisson Blu Latvija in June 2014. Altough the weather was bad, the hotel was great. We stayed on the 21st floor in a standard room. The view was amazing as this is probably the highest building in Riga. The hotel was clean and quiet at night. Breakfast was excellent. For exemple you can order omelets or coffees of your choise. The staff was friendly and the location good. Only 5-10 min to the old town and 5 min to the art noveau district. There is also a medium size (even large some might say) shopping centre Galleria Riga just around the corner. Just two minor things to complain about. 1) In the shower the water pressure was low. But that could be due to the 21st floor. However there was always warm water. 2) The 26th floor sky bar was closed on one Sunday afternoon althougt the sign said that it was supposed to be open from 11:00 am. Other people were there too wondering why the door was closed. Inside we could see some waitresses and bartenders going about but they ignored us. That was the only time we tried to visit there so can´t say much else about the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Heidi P

Dear Heidi P!
Thank you for your compliments on our location and product you shared with all Tripadvisor readers. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, but on the other hand please accept my apologies for a low water pressure in your bathroom and the wrong information regarding Skyline working hours. During summer time unfortunately we don’t offer Sunday Brunch therefore our famous cocktail bar is open from 17.00. I hope you will visit us again and look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Ronald Smithjes,