“Great view, too far from center”

Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga
Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The location is great - stunning views of the city center from across the river. Views of the bridges are great and you can catch a little of the sunset too. My room had a balcony and was huge!
The gym is enormous with everything you need (I chose to run outside because of the nice weather).

Breakfast was a madhouse, but they did cover all the major food groups.

Internet was fast.

Only complaint is the distance to town - 15 minute walk or about $10 taxi.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank teerav
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I upgraded to a river city view room with excellent facilities. colleagues on standard river city view rooms all jade exceptionally large well equipped rooms. I would avoid roomoms to the rear which overlook local apartments.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Camshron
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Th Radisson Blu Daugava is a tremendous bargain in Riga. The rooms are large and well equipped (ask for one that has a view of the river and the city), the staff is very helpful, and breakfast is excellent (and complimentary). Also nice is that unlike a lot of hotels these days, wifi is free. The only downside is that the hotel is on one side of the river whereas the center of Riga is on the other and it takes about 20 minutes or so to walk from one to the other.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Libor M
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Great location, just a short walk to the old city with nice little bars. Hotel was very nice and the staff were so friendly and helpfull. Very impressed with the food at the hotel and in the attached Japanese restuarant. The spa was amazing, spent hours in there!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear 1973jonny,

Thank you very much for your positive review and kind comments. As a General Manager of Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel I would like to take the credit for your visit, but I believe that your compliments belong to our sister property Radisson Blu Latvija. They have indeed a very nice, world class spa and a Japanese restaurant attached as well.

However, I am happy that you enjoyed one of our hotels in Riga and on behalf of all my colleagues, I would love to see you back some day. I will, of course, send your review to Radisson Blu Latvija as well.

Best regards,

Mika Virtanen
Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

The hotel has a great view of Old Town across the river, but it is also more of a walk from Old Town than many other hotels in the area. Business class room was very nice with a balcony and decent sized room. You can walk across the bridge to Old Town, take a shuttle provided by the hotel every hour, or pay 3 lats for a one way cab. I had good luck with the service, everyone was very helpful, especially the general manager. The hotel is a bit dated, so I can't give it an excellent rating, but it is a nice place all things considered.

Room Tip: Ask for business class facing the river.
1  Thank Kato S
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I enjoyed staying here for business as the hotel was very service oriented. The room was good and had wireless internet but the signal could be better. The location is great for walking around Riga- its a short (10 min) walk across the bridge over Daugava to the old city center. If you don't want to walk, the hotel offers a free taxi service across the bridge. I enjoyed being able to see the river- it was a pleasant view. Food was okay...not great and a little pricey but consistent with hotels. I really appreciated the hotel shop where I could get a soda- would suggest adding small snack foods too. They also had other shops including a salon and an amber store. I stopped by the salon late one night and they extended their hours to accomodate me, which I really appreciated. I woud stay here again.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The hotel is old and hosts many groups, so it can get very crowded in the morning by breakfast. On the other hand, the view over Riga is fantastic and the (business class) rooms are very nice. They are large and have separate sitting places with a good working desk and a fairly large bathroom.
Service is so-so.

1  Thank philosion
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear philosion,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do appreciate your positive feedback regarding the views and size of our Business Class rooms. We are also doing our best to get our product updated in the near future.

I understand that the breakfast may get a bit busy during the summer and during the peak periods when all the groups are having their breakfast at the same time but we are doing our best to ensure that everyone can enjoy their breakfast in a peaceful and relaxed environment.

It would be nice to know a bit more why you regarded our service to be "so-so" as in general we are receiving very good feedback regarding the service at our hotel and we are emphasising the importance of 'Yes I Can' attitude in every customer encounter.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and would be glad to see you again as our guest in the near future.

I wish you a very happy and sunny summer.

Best regards,