“Friendly reception service”

Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Corfu, Greece
“Friendly reception service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed couple of days there and found overall good service and friendly reception desk.
Breakfast service was bit slow however the room service was much better any time I order.
Hotel refurbished looks quite modern with nice view to the river!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear ManolisPapadakisGM.

Thank you for your comments! I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you loved the looks of the hotel and charming view of the Old Town.

I would, however, like to apologize that the breakfast service was a bit too slow. I am glad that you enjoyed the room service, but am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

I hope we see you again the next time you are in Riga!

Mika Virtanen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 29 March 2014

me & my wife were a part of travel agents group as fam trip ; we arrived in the evining time ; but actualy the hotel staff prepare to us a welcome drinks & some small elegant sandwishes.
the location is good between old & new city. staff very riendly ; rooms very large & clean ; breakfast is very rich & very good fresh. we highly recomend this hotel even most people like
the old town hotels.

Room Tip: take rooms in hugh floors park view not the street view as noicy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear tigerShfaram.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am thrilled that you loved your stay and that you were warmly welcomed by our staff. I am also glad that you found location ideal for your needs, as well as that you liked your room and breakfast in Panorama restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Monterey, California
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Loved being here. Stayed in small economy room. Perfect for one person. Quiet. Great place to write. Excellent breakfast. Water views on one side. Good spa facility, pool, etc. Business hotel. Can have evening drink looking at water.

Room Tip: Take a room on water side if you like.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mmoly
Dear Mmoly.

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that it was quiet and peaceful for you to concentrate on writing. I am also thrilled that you liked the room, breakfast in Panorama restaurant and wellness center.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back!

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great hotel business trip. Lot of conference rooms. Perfect swimming pool and SPA for after-bussiness relax. Very close to the Riga Old City (<15 minutes by walk). Very good staff, professional services and nice atmosphere. Highly recommended !

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Martin.

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you loved the conference facilities, wellness center, as well as our team's service effort! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back!

Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I Just ordering double room (23 m2) for 76eur, but I get double room (16m2) with river view which cost 56eur (looks like economic room). I was tired and understand it only on late time. Also in the morning I ask in reception about it. They answer that double rooms for 76eur the same category and next time I must ask for bigger room! Maybe next time I must to print room pictures and show to reception!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Eimantas.

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and that rooms differences were not better explained upon arrival.

Our double rooms have different sizes and shapes and I can assure you that room you have been staying in, is a double room. I do admit that this is not the biggest standard double room we have. Original booking in the system was with two separate beds and receptionist has assigned you a room with a view to the Old town and King size bed. I am really sorry if that has not been the right choice.

I apologize for any disappointment or frustration this caused for you. I hope that you will reconsider returning in the future and let us extend our hospitality to you.

Barnet
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Reception were excellent and we were allocated a room on a high floor overlooking the river that we requested.

The room was clean, and although a little bit dated, was well worth the Euro 70 we paid. The breakfast buffet with omelettes cooked on request was excellent and served up until 10.30 for those who had had a jar or two the night before.

It was the extras that make this hotel so good:

A coach across the bridge to the old town on the hour and when we went to reception to book the coach and it was not running so they called a cab for us and gave us a free voucher for the fare. It was snowing and so they gave us umbrellas as well.

The gym was very well equipped and the swimming pool was a nice size. It is rare that such facilities are offered for free.

The staff were always courteous and friendly, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the river
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We couldn't be happier that you loved your stay and that you enjoyed your breakfast at Panorama restaurant, wellness center and our team's service effort. We look froward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans bring you back to Riga!

Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I knew it's not the most up-to-date RB in Riga, however I was convinced by reasonable rate ( <60 EUR for standard room ) and, as being frequent visitor to Riga, wanted to try something else. Particularly RB Daugava was not the best choice at this time.
Hotel located in central part of Riga, facing Daugava river between two bridges. It has spacious parking lot ( 8 EUR/night ).
Positive: nothing specific to mention ( I think nowdays free wi-fi is absolute compulsory stuff in Baltics everywhere, so doesn't deserve to be mentioned as plus ), breakfast of average choice and taste - others RB's offer better.
Negative: hotel itself is really outdated, you can smell everywhere that days of fame for this hotel has been somewhere around 1995's - so everything requires major renovation; rooms old, requires repair, bathroom layout is not convinient; tv channels consist mainly of news channels and local tv programs - nothing special; spa and fitness center, including pool, is also open for external visitors - so it was overcrowded; water in pool was very cold; large gap ( like 5cm ) between room doors and carpet - means no sound insulation and light from hall.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Ekspertas,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your comments. I regard guest feedback as one of the only ways to get a real feeling of the pulse of this hotel. Improvement and striving to the best is possible when people as you take the time to give us feedback.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay in our hotel. I agree, without doubt that we, currently, have some challenges with the physical standards of the product.

We are constantly working on improvements, and certain parts of the hotel have been renovated already. A full refurbishment of 9th and 8th floors is taking place in 2014. We also have plans for further, more extensive renovation of the hotel rooms and other facilities in the near future.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and, I really hope you will give us another chance to extend our hospitality to you. I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a higher room category on your next stay to show our possibilities and care. Please drop me a line when you decide to visit us again.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to contact me personally (mika.virtanen@radissonblu.com)

Sincerely Yours,