Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga
US$163
US$156
  • Pool
Bellevue Park Hotel Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$105
Very Good 4/5
Old Riga Hotel Vecriga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$509
US$236
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$214
Hanza Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$1,297
US$64
1,060 results
All reviewsacross the riverdaugava rivernational libraryold cityswimming poolbusiness classbit datedan upgradebusiness hoteltakes about minutesten minute walkbusiness triptaxi servicenice hotelfamily roomdecent sizenice bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have truly enjoyed our stay in the hotel. It is located on the other side of Daugava river, so you need to walk across a pretty long bridge to get to the center, but there is also a tram stop nearby, so you can easily commute to the center. Being located further from the center, it enjoys a quietness that you may not experience in the center of the city.

Check in was fast and we were offered an upgrade to a room with a view for an extra 20 euros a night. Normally I would not do that, but to be honest, for the view from 7th floor - it was worth it! Beside that, the upgraded room was much larger, spacious yet cozy.

The breakfast in the hotel was really good, offering various choice of food and drinks. I really enjoyed them to be honest.

The swimming pool was nice and sauna was also a good thing to have.

The room was very clean and well kept by the cleaning service. It was warm inside, shower worked perfectly and the bed was very comfy.

What I also liked was an option of a free late check out (until 6 pm) as we had a late flight. You need to ask in the morning of your check out if that is possible. In our case it was and we really liked that.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: 7th floor with a city view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Marcin W.

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you loved your stay at the hotel and that you especially enjoyed the quiet location, breakfast in Panorama restaurant, wellness center and the level of service provided.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Riga!

All the best,

Mika Virtanen,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good location, excellent view to the river and the old town, excellent breakfast, a space for leisure activities with the sauna and swimming pool. Although the street gets busy during rush hours, the isolation of the windows is very good, I was not disturbed by the noise. The bed mattress was very good (I took a standard room, there was enough space). Kettle and teas in the room was a nice addition.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Raminta P.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you loved your experience at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!

All the best,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a huge hotel. Nice reception and very friendly staff. The room was very nicely decorated and furnished. With a doublebed, a sofa set, armchair and desk arrangement. Bathroom was also very nice with shower and bathtub.
The room was clean and there was a nice minibar if you are up for it.

But the downside is the 5 cm. gap under the door to the hallway - making quite a draft and also quite noisy. Had to put the bedlinen under the door.

The hotel restaurant is very nice and the view of the Daugava river excellent.
Very convenient for a strall to the old city.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hartelius
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Hartelius.

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, including your room, charming view on the Old town and level of service provided.

I would, however, like to apologize that the gap under the door and noise disturbed you. I agree, without doubt that we, currently, have some challenges with the physical standards of the product. We are constantly working on improvements, and certain parts of the hotel have been renovated already. A full refurbishment of 9th and 8th floors is taking place in 2014. We also have plans for further, more extensive renovation of the hotel rooms and other facilities in the near future.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and, I really hope you will give us another chance to extend our hospitality to you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

very unfriedly staffs. completely unfit for even a middle class hotel. Rooms look alright but you will realize what a big mistake you made when you fail to fall asleep at night. After whole day work,meeting or tour when you arrive and realize they have simply locked your room and asking for more money (though you use credit card and they can charge later as well if needed) It is definitely a no go. If you want to stay in a proper hotel,donot pick this one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Tanzia i

Dear Alexander C.

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and that the misunderstanding with the payment occurred. As you preferred to pay cash for the accommodation in accordance with the company rules we have to receive the advance payment for the full stay. Unfortunately my colleague by mistake asked you the payment for two nights instead of all three. Your credit card served as a guarantee for your booking, we do not charge your card for your stay without your permission. If you choose the cash payment method we do not keep your card details in the system for any longer. We always try to provide the best service possible but, unfortunately, sometimes mistakes happen.

I apologize for any disappointment or frustration this caused for you. I hope that you will reconsider returning in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed couple of days there and found overall good service and friendly reception desk.
Breakfast service was bit slow however the room service was much better any time I order.
Hotel refurbished looks quite modern with nice view to the river!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ManolisPapadakisGM.

Thank you for your comments! I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you loved the looks of the hotel and charming view of the Old Town.

I would, however, like to apologize that the breakfast service was a bit too slow. I am glad that you enjoyed the room service, but am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

I hope we see you again the next time you are in Riga!