Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga
US$152
US$134
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$148
US$172
Priceline
US$327
getaroom.com
1,060 results
All reviewsacross the riverdaugava rivernational libraryold cityswimming poolbusiness classbit datedan upgradebusiness hoteltakes about minutesten minute walkbusiness triptaxi servicenice hotelfamily roomdecent sizenice bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My friend and I turned out to be there involuntary - due to overbooking in Air Baltic we had to accept their voucher for one night stay in this place. Never again.

PROs:
- location not far from the old town, especially if you room overlooking the stone bridge across the river (ours wasnt - number 621);
- great b/f;
- spacious room even the most cheapest;
- nice interior in the lobby, it's huge -- everyone can find a place;
- free fiwi;

CONs:
- paper walls which let in any sound making a sleep almost a "mission impossible" unless you are drunk ));
- wallpaper in bathroom!! You can guess their condition;
- hard to find out how to use a shower even there was "an instruction";
- staff doesn't rebuke people who behave inappropriate (during the b/f a bunch of I believe chinese people (over 50) started their buffet b/f not even taking off their clothes, putting the sleeves of their coats into the dishes by taking covers almost at the places where they touch food!! It was disgusting to watch.

Make your conclusions on your own.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Marina_Ivashina.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our property, breakfast in Panorama restaurant and hotel provided infrastructure.

However, I am truly sorry that you encountered some technical issues during your stay which negatively contributed to your overall satisfaction. I agree, without doubt that we, currently, have some challenges with the physical standards of the product. We are constantly working on improvements, and certain parts of the hotel have been renovated already. A full refurbishment of 9th and 8th floors is taking place in 2014. We also have plans for further, more extensive renovation of the hotel rooms and other facilities in the near future. As for the amenities, those are defined by the company standards, which individual hotels must correspond to.

As for your described situation during the breakfast I would like to thank you for bringing up my attention. I have passed this information for responsible department head for further consideration and follow-up.

I apologize that you had a disappointing experience and hope that you will return so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Enjoyed an early evening cocktail in the Skyline bar with fantastic views over the neighbouring park and gardens, Golden domes of the Russian Orthodox Church with the spires of the Old Town beyond. A lovely way to while away an hour in one of the loveliest capital cities in Europe.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anne S.

Thanks for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your evening cocktail in the Skyline bar and I will definitely pass your comments to our sister property team, since you have posted your kind review on Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel page.

If you happen to be in Riga, please visit us as well to enjoy charming vistas of the Riga Old Town. We'll be happy to extend our hospitality to us.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located right on the river and the view is breathtaking.
I agree with other reviewers that it needs updating and renovations but as a gold member of club Carlson I was upgraded to a deluxe suite with a private balcony facing the river and the old town. That made our stay memorable. Every day we left the hotel at 6 am for our day trips so was not able to enjoy the breakfast but they did pack us a breakfast box to eat on the way and that was pretty good. The staff was very helpful and if I have to go back to Riga I will surely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Gotofly2.

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the charming views and helpfulness of our wonderful staff. I am also happy that you enjoyed the Grab & Run concept and did not leave the hotel without any breakfast.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night in a standard room as part of a road trip trough 11 European countries with stays in 9 different Radisson Blu Hotels in 9 European capitals.

Radisson Hotel no. 6 on the road. The first disappointment, but only in respect of the room. Spacious, but outdated, classic 1960's style, screaming for renovation or even demolition. Lovely view on the river and the old town, decent restaurant and good breakfast.

Parking came at 8 EUR/day. A bargain!

Would not return to a standard room, simply not worthy of the label Radisson.

Room Tip: There is a high rise Radisson in Riga or take the upgrade to a business room in the Daugava.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Peter D.

Thanks for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the charming view of the Old Town and Panorama restaurant. I am also happy that you've found parking affordable and useful for your pan-European road trip.

I would, however, like to apologize for the room looking a bit outdated. I agree, without doubt that we, currently, have some challenges with the physical standards of the product. We are constantly working on improvements, and certain parts of the hotel have been renovated already. A full refurbishment of 9th and 8th floors is taking place in 2014. We also have plans for further, more extensive renovation of the hotel rooms and other facilities in the near future.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and, I really hope you will give us another chance to extend our hospitality to you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Staying in one of the "business class" room, I was extremely satisfied. The breakfast was excellent, and the restaurant offers a great diverse menu with an exceptional quality of products. Great service overall, clean hotel, good food and a beautiful city to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear 751ericg.

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you had such a memorable experience and that you enjoyed your room and our catering outlets. I also appreciate your compliments about our team and will be sure to share these with them.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Riga!