Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,060 results
All reviewsacross the riverdaugava rivernational libraryold cityswimming poolbusiness classbit datedan upgradebusiness hoteltakes about minutesten minute walkbusiness triptaxi servicenice hotelfamily roomdecent sizenice bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

i like this hotel.The hotel is in a convenient location. the hotel staff is very nice and helpful. do not have any complaints. super breakfast. definitely recommend it.until the next time and thank you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Valdas J.

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that you took the time to share your recommendation.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Radisson Blu Dauvaga is a large chain hotel. We upgraded to Business class to get more room and free parking. The room was large and had a Marvelous view (Riverside) . The location is excellent and easy access to the main road, GPS did not read all the road construction, but only two lost circles before Garmin kicked in. Very easy parking, fantastic reception crew, even though many tour buses use this Hotel, the front desk gave us their complete attention, and help. The breakfast (included in our Rate) was one of the best ever. A proper british breakfast, plus, asian, etc. variety.
The only down grade that I have was that the AC never completely cooled the room as cold as I like it, (22C), probably cool enough for most folks, though.

Room Tip: Riverside, upgrade to Business and a higher floor. Room with Balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear KanoSouthCarolina.

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to see that you had a great stay! I am particularly happy that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, your check-in experience and breakfast in Panorama restaurant.

I would, however, like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by the room temperature. According to Radisson Blu standards and given the technical possibilities of cooling equipment the maximum temperature difference between outdoor and indoor temperatures should be from 6 to 8 degrees. That must have been a very hot day.

I hope we see you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was attending a Conference at the new National Library and the hotel was ideally situated for this. Room was clean and comfortable. The service was excellent throughout. The dining room served good food and breakfasts were very well provided. The wifi in my room was not 100% and had short periods when it did not work, but friends told me that they did not have the same experience with THEIR wifi. The hotel is excellently situated also for visits to the Old Town over the Stone Bridge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mika V, General Manager at Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Paul A.

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, but I apologize that you experienced interruptions and complications with the WiFi signal. I must admit that the quality of our Wireless Internet signal is one of the strong selling points for our property. I have informed the respective department head for him to deal with this problem in order future guests not to experience similar situation in future. I am very grateful for you bringing my attention to this.

I am sorry that we were not able to arrange this for you before you left. I hope that you will return to the hotel so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is located on the river side and it's about 10 minutes walk from the old town. It's really easy to arrive there from the airport by public transportation, just take the bus number 22 and get off at "Nacionala biblioteka", which is located only few hundred meters from the hotel.

It's a 4 stars hotel, but the rooms are very average and they could use some redecorating/updating. When I arrived it wasn't possible to check in until 3 PM. There's a free Wi-Fi in the hotel and it was pretty fast and worked without problems. The breakfast was good and there was plenty of choice. There's also a fitness center that offers a gym and an indoor swimming pool, and they're free for hotel guests. It was the best hotel gym I've seen so far. 3 stars for the hotel and 5 stars for the gym.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dinky81.

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, including the location of the hotel, breakfast at Panorama restaurant, and our famous, extensive fitness center.

I would, however, like to apologize for the room looking a bit outdated to you. I agree, without doubt that we, currently, have some challenges with the physical standards of the product. We are constantly working on improvements, and certain parts of the hotel have been renovated already. A full refurbishment of 9th and 8th floors is taking place in 2014. We also have plans for further, more extensive renovation of the hotel rooms and other facilities in the near future.

As for the check-in time I am truly sorry for you being forced waiting for your room to be ready. Our Accommodation Team does its absolute best to service all 356 guest rooms within the short time-frame between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m, which could be very challenging, especially in high season.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and, I really hope you will give us another chance to extend our hospitality to you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

About 350 librarians descended on Riga for a conference in the brand new Latvian National Library. The library has superb conference facilities and this hotel is about 5 mins walk away and so is ideally suited. The hotel kindly arranged for a late taxi pickup from the airport which, for a first timer arriving in an unknown city, was comforting. The checkin was smooth and friendly. The bar area is nice and they have a great selection of Scottish single malts as well as good local beers. Breakfast was good (though coffee was sometimes difficult to source, and the scrambled eggs wobbled). The room was a great size and included a desk, a settee and an easy chair. It had air conditioning which on very warm days would be useful. I have no doubt that this hotel will benefit greatly from the new library conference centre and would certainly recommend it. Externally it is not a thing of beauty but it is certainly of its time.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Hill_Resident_SE14

Dear Hill_Resident_SE14.

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and that your meetings went well. I am also happy that the location, your room, breakfast and service was perfect for your needs. I will share your compliments with our wonderful team. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,